Chapter 66

Someday someone will break you so badly that you'll become unbreakable...

    .Ravenna.

      "You look so beautiful." Kaitlyn grimaces, gazing dreamily at her mother who was stuck wearing an overflowing white dress with floral designs. As much as I didn't want to admit it, she did look... manageable.

    I stand by the doorway watching Jenna help pin up Ella's hair while Kaitlyn sucks up to her mom whilst helping out.

      "You're not actually wearing that to the wedding, are you?" Jenna pauses to stare at me. My brow lifts as I acknowledge her question was aimed at me.

      "You should be happy I'm even showing up." I roll my eyes.

      She scoffs, miming my action. "You'd make everyone a lot happier showing up in clothings that are not jeans and a t-shirt."

       "Fuck what everyone thinks." I give her the middle finger before turning away. I saunter away from the room, hoping to run into one of the three humans I'd come to love.

      My eyes widen when I take sight of the buffet in the main hall. Maybe I should attend weddings more. It was filled with more foods than I could imagine. My tongue swipes over my bottom lip while my gaze lingers.

      "You're drooling." I pivot to see...Levi? There was no way the world was this small. I couldn't keep running into people I knew coincidentally.

      "No I'm not," I say, wiping my lips with the back of my palm. "And what are you doing here? At my dad's wedding?" I pause to take in his outfit and he's even more dressed up than I am. With a bowtie too.

       "I'm with the catering team," he rolls his eyes, obviously because he notices my emphasis. "Don't get your panties in a twist."

       I narrow my eyes at his words but then an empty tray is shoved in his direction, making me forget about my doubt. "Start piling Levi."

       "Sierra!" He growls and the girl winces, noticing me.

       "I'm sorry," her voice shatters and I almost feel bad for how Levi had called her out. "Was I supposed to send a fucking email that you're meant to work when you're at a job?!"

     My eyes widen at her change of personality. I could have swore that she was the quiet and gentle type like five seconds ago.

      "You're a mad woman." Levi mumbles.

      "But I'm still your woman."

    My jaw finally drops at that. Guess insane was his type. Wait...am I insane?

        "Get to work." She scowls before finally strutting away.

     My lips twist into a smirk when she's gone. I definitely dug that. "Your woman, huh?"

       "I wasn't going to die trying to get you to love me." He scoffs and then turns and walks away.

      I guess that chapter is closed. Everything seems too perfect recently. Okay, not too perfect. My dad's still getting married, I'm getting siblings and I still have to put up with...Jennifer.

      "My God!" River's voice echoes and I turn to catch him gazing at the buffet. He had on dress pants and a blazer with fancy shoes and Katherine looked absolutely beautiful. Her floral dress was kind of cute and I loved the way she held her hair up in a bun.

      "It's my father's wedding. You two aren't allowed to get all fancy." I pout, stalking up to them.

      "We don't tell you what to wear and you don't tell us what to wear," Kat says, adjusting Riv's tie. "Everyone's happy."

      "This is literally an all you can eat buffet." River drools.

       "Right?!" I nod my head in agreement and then go ahead to point out some of the tasty snacks. Kat shakes her head beside us, failing to believe we got this riled up over food.

       Riv and I go on talking about the food for minutes until I hear a loud gasp behind us. "Is Stella here too?"

     Stella? Which means...Klaus.

      "Of course. I drove here." Riv and I both pivot at the same time to catch a glimpse of Klaus. He had on a fancy suit too with dance shoes. Now I felt like the underdressed one and it was my father wedding, like I had anymore reason to point that out.

      "You're back together?" Riv asks me and I give a slight nod. Like he hadn't been one of the influences. That crazy speech he gave at my porch had me wondering a lot of things too.

       "Claus!" Riv chuckles, going over to stand next to Klaus too. My eye twitches when I realize he'd said his name wrong.

     "Take a hike Riverson." I grin, bumping him away from Klaus with my butt.

      "You look fancy." Klaus sarcastically comments, pulling me in for a hug.

      I feign a gasp, giving myself a small fan with my hands. "Why, thank you."

        "Now tell me you're not actually wearing that to your father's wedding." He pulls away, looking at me.

       "Oh baby, we're already at the wedding." I grimace.

       He shakes his head, turning to Kat. "You're not going to dress her up?"

      "This one? She'd bite my–"

    "I'll let you have a go with Stella if you dress her up for me." He interrupts her, presenting a bribe.

       "Deal," Kat immediately agrees, connecting her hand to my wrist. "You're going to be the prettiest bride here."

       "Kat, there's only one bride." I roll my eyes.

      "You know what I mean." She giggles, pulling me away. I make awful faces at River who gives me wicked smiles from behind an oblivious Klaus. This better be worth it for him.