Chapter 23

We try to hide our feelings but we forget our eyes speak...

       I'm awoken by a loud shriek, seemingly closer than it should be. My eyes flutter open and I lock gazes with Jenna. She looks absolutely terrified to be in sight of me. I place my fingers to my temples, trying to calm my nerves. That wasn't the best way to go about waking me.

          I place my feet to the cold wood and make my way towards my bathroom, not giving Jenna the satisfaction of having the attention she might have craved for. I make my usual routine preparing for school before making my way to the open kitchen for breakfast. My dad is usually gone before I'm done but he's alarmingly still around today. The newspaper in his hands drops when he sees me but I go around pretending not to notice his behaviour as I reach for a bowl, the carton of cereal and some milk.

          "Morning dad." I greet, finally settling into my usual chair to get some food in my system.

       Jenna is surprisingly the first one to flip, slapping the carton of cereal out of my hands, she stares at me with utmost horror. "You are not just going to walk in and pretend like everything's fine! Where the hell were you for the past two days?!"

          My brow reflexively raises and I pick up my spoon, pointing it towards her direction. "You noticed?"

            "Jesus." I hear my dad mutter under his breath and I do my best to hold in my smile.

          "Noticed?! Half the town's noticed that the psychotic teenage rebel was missing!" Jenna yells.

       I did not like that title.

       I tsk, holding on to my spoon a little tighter than required. "That's a pretty...nice title."

           "Where the hell were you Ravenna?"

       "It's Raven to you." I clench my jaw, talking in between my teeth.

           "Ravenna! Raven! They bloody mean the same thing!" Jenna screams. "Either way, you've got no manner, a bad attitude and no one likes both of those. I can't even bring myself to believe Becca gave birth to you, sometimes I wonder if she had to go through with adopti..."

         "Don't fucking end that sentence!" I shout, angrily getting up. "Don't talk about my mom because you have no freaking right to do so."

             "She's my sister!" She yells back. "And I'm so freaking sure she would have regretted having you as much as..."

         I punch her. I punch her before she finishes the stupid, wreckless, hurtful words she was about to. I punch her before I let my anger do even worse things. She holds on to her jaw, staring me down with narrowed eyes.

           "God so help me, if Becca hadn't adopted you, I sure as hell know I would have given you up for it!" She spits before walking out. I hear her mutter 'Bastard' but don't bother to comment on it.

      My dad just sits there in silence as I pant, pacing around the room for some seconds before making the decision to finally leave for school.

           "Want a lift?" He asks, as I make my way towards the exit door.

          "Not from you."

        .Niklaus.

      I do my best to keep my cheerful appearance up as I approach different individuals in the school block, amidst them, hoping to see Raven once again. To apologize. To tell her it mattered that she cared. To tell her I wanted to find a way to make things work.

          Taylor Cooper saunters up to me just as I'm about to make the turning to the hallway which leads to the location of Raven's locker. I made a stop each day ever since she went missing. Or took off, whichever was right.

          "Klaus." She grins at me, locking elbows with mine. While Taylor might be undeniably pretty with a body which most guys would consider A+, nothing was special about it all because it was quite easy to get to. She had been in the school before I got in and freshman year, I got blown away by her beauty and the ridiculously gifted bod but then I had her on my sheets by the ending of my second week and everything just felt wrong. She had been showing intense interest in me ever since but nothing about her was working for me. She was just an amazing way to get my mind off stuffs.

        "Taylor," I give out a friendly smile, awaiting what she has to say next. " Good morning."

        She flips her hair backwards, returning my smile. "My! It's most definitely a good morning as I've run into you Klaus dearest."

        "What's with the accent?"

       "Oh nothing," she shrugs. "Just something I've developed ever since I watched the first Harry potter movie. Would you like to go see the second one with me?"

          "Well..." We step on to Raven's hallway at that moment and my eyes reflexively searches until it stops at her locker. It takes me a few seconds to believe my eyes but she was actually standing there, shutting her locker as she frustratingly tilt her head backwards, causing her beautifully cut hair to fall behind her. She pivots and catches sight of me, an emotion flashes across her face but disappears as she pulls her phone out of her jacket pocket before I can decipher what it is.

          "Klaus?" Taylor tugs on my arm but I put out a hand to stop her as Raven approaches us. I'm about to let out a word but she swiftly walks past us. I stare behind her as she approaches the school double doors and my curiosity gets the better of me as I let go of Taylor and follow after Raven.

        .Ravenna.

        I repeatedly cuss under my breath as I approach the school doors. How the hell did he even know where my school was? Was he some sort of stalker or something? Yes! This he was Levi! I had gotten a text from his number some minutes after getting into school that he was in the school's lot. I had caught sight of Klaus with Taylor...not the view I was hoping for but who the hell knew what he was up to while I was away?

       I was pretty much opposites with him anyway. He'd make a perfect fit with Taylor. Riches to Riches.

       I push the school doors open and immediately catch sight of Levi standing right there in a denim jacket, his hair looking messy in some sexy sort of way. Damn people with good genes.

              He lets out his arms in some sort of grand gesture and I roll my eyes, walking up to him. "At least you didn't bring flowers."

           "Figured you weren't the type of girl." He scoffs.

       "You figured that one out pretty well. Coming to my school? Pretty bad idea you stalker!" I shove at him and he slightly loses his stance.

           "I just wanted to see you one more time." He smirks, pulling me to his chest.

             "We had sex one time Levi. Let's not make a big deal out of it." I hiss.

          "But I can't stop thinking about you." He says and I scoff.

               "Cliché," I huff. I push myself away from him and shove my hands into my pockets. "I like you but I told you...I don't do relationships."

         I get ready to leave but he tugs on my arm, pulling me back to him. "So, let's not date. Let's be friends..."

              I smirk, getting at what he's hinting towards. "I can be a very good friend."

         I adjust his collar and pull his neck closer as I seductively bite on his bottom lip for a few seconds. He shivers in my hands and I giggle to myself as I bury my head into his neck, closer to his ear.

            "I have to get to class."

        He groans as I step away from him and I smile, turning towards the school doors once again. Standing just behind the transparent door is Klaus, staring at me in awe and Taylor, with her cellphone held up, apparently in shock as well.