Chapter 20

Our backs tell stories no books have the spine to carry...

     .Ravenna.

      That's right you fuckers. I would really love to get everyone that knows me on the edge while they assume some sort of harm had come to me. That's even if anyone cares. I know people are shitty anyway but my dad's got to put up a show, doesn't he?

       I step into a coffee shop and snuggle myself into a booth letting out repeated sighs. I did feel really tired from riding on my bike all night.

       A waiter walks up to me holding a small note pad. He looks way too young to be waiting especially by this time of the...morning. His wavy brown hair and sea blue eyes exceedingly made him look gorgeous as he spoke to me to request my order.

         "Coffee. Black," I reply his previous question, shrugging out of my jacket. "And some scones, if you have any."

      He nods, writing it all down before stalking off. When he does, I settle my head onto the table in front of me for some brief minutes of sleep.

       I'm suddenly awakened by loud screaming and I turn to see a brutal fist fight going on just on the opposite side of the room.

         How long was I out?

      Just then, I notice the coffee and scones in front of me, probably cold now. My eyes immediately shift back to the fight when one of the guys involved coughs up blood on the grey marbled tiles. I immediately scrunch up my face in disgust, pushing my coffee a bit away.

         The shop is practically empty except from the two fighting, myself, a girl, who I assume, her scream had awoken me and the waiter from before. The waiter makes his way towards the two and tries breaking up the fight but ends up getting shoved aside.

       I didn't want to make any of this my business but there was a literal fight going on in front of me and as dark as my soul may appear to be to some individuals. I was still very much humane. I make my way towards the most vicious one of the two and step in between the fight.

        "Step away princess." The guy seethes.

       I roll my eyes and wave my hands in the air. "Some of us are really hoping for some peace and quiet here and it would be very much appreciated if you offered it to us."

       He ignores me, roughly shoving me away by grabbing my shirt. He turns back to his opponent, his anger multiplying. "I want my money you fucker!"

         I place a hand to where he just touched and almost cringe. My finger makes it way to his shoulder and taps. He pivot to looks at me and that's when my fist connects with his jaw, as cliché as that sound.

           "F–ucker!" He shouts, making his way towards me now.

      Not all guys are gentlemen sweethearts.

      I reflexively take my steps backward but he follows. A hand swings towards my direction and comes in contact with my cheekbone, sending my head jolting sidewards.

        A smile comes across my face as I glance at him once again. "Show some respect."

       I grab the closest coffee mug I find, which happens to be my own and bring it to his head. The coffee inside spills over him and I was wrong. The coffee was still pretty freaking hot.

     He lets out a shriek and his anger reaches the maximum as he lunges himself at me. I jump on the closest table, trying to avoid him but he keeps going at his own pace. At that moment, a piece of wood smacks him behind the head and he slumps to the ground unconscious. I look up and find the ridiculously good looking waiter, panting in front of me with a bat in hand.

       "You play baseball?" I choke out the stupidest question in that moment.

        He nods, dropping his hand to the side. "Yeah. I'm pretty bad at it though."

          "Oh, cool. I'm Raven."

         "Levi." He smiles one of the most damn looking ones I've ever seen.

       Everything pretty much turns dark after that.

      I don't go after trouble. It goes after me.