Chapter 17

We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours...

"You look like shit," I blurt out, the moment Klaus stops moving. He folds his arms and arches a brow. "Why aren't you in school?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be at my house in the school's uniform." He retorts.

I nod my head to agree to what he just said. "I shouldn't be. Unless we have a project together."

"But we don't."

"Now we do," I smile up at him. "it's called project 'Get your shit together'."

"What?" He stifles a laughter and I know this is going to be easier than I'd expected it to.

I take a step closer, my smile not leaving my face. It hurt to stay this way for so damn long. "C'mon Klaus, I'm taking you out."

"Again, what?!" He freezes and I roll my eyes.

Klaus' mansion was ridiculously awesome. Better than anything I could have ever thought up. His parents must be stupidly rich to be in so much control of things like this in their lives.

My eyes shifts to the decor on the wall of the large living room and I'm pretty sure my entire year allowance couldn't even get half the price of that. I tiredly tap on some of the furnitures, taking in the different pieces of design. They had good taste too. After a few more minutes, I head towards the direction Klaus' had and called his room. I grab the door handle, leaning close.

"Klaus! Aren't you done yet?!" I yell and get no response. I try my best keeping my impatience in but it all blows over as I push the door handle. "I'm coming in!"

I step into his room and it's the definition of huge. It has an intriguing colourful aura of blue and white and a whole different personality trait. Gaming pads, play stations and a giant flat screen TV. I notice a sketch pad on his study table and I'm unable to hold myself back as I go ahead to flip through it. The pages are filled with exciting drawings and I find myself, totally bewildered by how talented he was.

I flip the pages once more and stops on a page which has the drawing of the grim reaper. It possesses a whole lot of dark aura, more than even the grim reaper should and I find myself wondering what the hell is going on with Klaus that his emotions have become so twisted.

"Why are you in my room?" Klaus' voice startles me for a second before I compose myself once more. I turn around and find him holding on to the white towel which dangled around his hips.

"I got bored," I reply, rolling my eyes. "Don't worry. I'm not going to rape you or anything."

I childishly put up my hands in defense as I fall on to his king sized bed. Smelt like mint and roses. I liked it. It was such an odd and beautiful combination.

I stare up at his ceiling, trying my best to avert my gaze from his abs. I'd seen him shirtless before...just not half naked.

"Are you going to get dressed already?"

"Sure. I'll act like it's not creepy at all that you're in my room, asking me to get dressed in front of you." He humourously says and gives me the chance to input another eye roll.

"I'm not going to look or anything."

"Sure you won't," he says and I hear his footsteps as he approaches his walk in closet. He shuts the door and I almost face palm at his choice of action. I ignore it anyway and go ahead to admire the devices in his room. I grab a gaming pad and decide to play his Naruto Shippuden while he hides away like some little child.

I win my second round when Klaus steps back into the room wearing a black long sleeved, dark jeans and boots.

"Why the hell did you take so long if you were just getting into that?" I subconsciously ask as I frantically press on the right buttons to give my opponent an attack.

"I was contemplating." He sighs, taking a seat beside me on his bed. I'm laid, stomach flat and legs up while I repeatedly twist and turn, playing around with the pad.

I make a K.O and smile proudly at myself. I turn around to look at Klaus' and he appears to be in thoughts. Normally, I wouldn't care enough to budge into others life but Shawn had specifically ask me here to check up on him.

"What's up with you?" I nudge him with my elbow, sitting up. "You don't look so good, you're skipping school and I saw that sketch of the grim reaper."

He clears his throat and shrugs. "Uh... it's nothing. I'm fine."

I don't have the intentions of pushing him to talk to me about it so I just move the conversation towards another direction instead. "Do you really like me?"

His head immediately snaps up to look at me at my question. "Is this another trick just to get to me?"

"Not really. If it was, it'd start with me doing this," I pivot towards him, interlocking my knees. I grab his face in my hands and raise a brow. "And end with this,"

I place my lips to his and make a small bite on his lower lip.

"So...no, I'm not trying to get to you." I refrain and wink at him with a small smile while he looks at me in awe. I could have almost swore he was broken.