Chapter 24

Sometimes my demons want to come out and play
   If I don't let them, they will raise hell and do all kinds of crazy shit
    That's why I write dark poetry
This way, I can almost pass for a sane person the rest of the time...

      By fourth period, the rumour about Levi and I had gone round with digital images to back them up. Taylor was such a bitch. Not that it surprised me. She always did have that aura.

          I receive glances and once overs as I trace into the cafeteria during lunch time.

          "Didn't think any guy would be interested in that...." I heard a girl say, her voice laced with clear disgust. I shrug off the other murmurs as I get to the lunch lady with a tray in hand. Akira, the lunch lady I had grown to like, grinned at me placing what the school had serving today on to my tray.

       Being friends with the lunch lady had its perks, like getting the better part of lunch. Obvi. I glared down at the burgers on my tray. Sometimes they got too lazy to actually cook so they got us junkies like this. Every student was meant to have a burger each but not Akira's favourite. I return her smile and go ahead to grab a canned cola before leaving for my table.

         "Does he know you eat this much?" Taylor snorts, showing up at my table out of thin air. I didn't even notice when she had left her name inscribed table to come to mine. "Your boyfriend, I mean."

        I roll my eyes, not interested in giving her the satisfaction of whatever the hell she wanted.

           "He's so darn good looking," she goes on, repeatedly tapping her index finger against the table. She swings her hips and I wonder if she's bi or she's just gotten so used to displaying such action to guys that she forgot that I'm a girl. "What would he want with a psychopath like you? Oh, or dare I say, a whore?"

          My head swiftly turns at her insult and I clench my jaw. "I'm pretty sure your name would be next to the definition of that. Your skirt is shorter than anyone else's in school. You act all spoilt and prideful and you shove yourself against the boys,"

         She immediately begin grazing her teeth as I think of ways to go on. "You might be pretty but you're also darn ugly and I hope one day, you take a good look at yourself in the mirror and see that awful part."

           I leave her right there, her jaw dangling as I make my way to the cafeteria just outside. I needed some sort of peace. My life didn't always have to include drama. Did it?

       .Niklaus.

       I lost her. I lost it. I lost the only chance at being with the one person I had actually come to fancy a lot. The one person who didn't need to expose some real skin to drive me crazy. The only person I thought...felt right.

    So many questions rang through my head when I caught sight of her getting intimate with someone else. My head felt blazing hot and I thought my neck all the way to my cheeks were a dark shade of red at that moment. Taylor had gotten a good picture of the both of them and had sent it round school. Like I needed proof to constantly remind myself that it did happen. That moment and that I was there, watching it all but failing to believe a single thing.

       And then in the next minute, I found myself making what is possibly the worst decision out of jealousy. I had agreed to go with Taylor to the theater to see the movie she had spoke about. I was leading her on when I had absolutely no interest in her whatsoever. I was a terrible human being. I felt like one.

        School ends and I find myself in the parking lot before anyone else. I stalk towards my Jeep and reflexively swing my bag into the front seat before getting in.

         "Where the hell do you think you're going?" Shawn inquires, suddenly making his appearance in a startling manner.

      I jolt backwards, a little taken aback before collecting myself. "Home. Where else?"

          "Cool. I'll come with." He goes round and gets into the passenger seat, obviously not ready to listen to any protest of mine.

           The students are filing out of school now and amidst all of them, I notice Raven typing away at her phone as she approaches her motorcycle. She sure as hell did know how to multitask. She lifts her head as if on instinct and glances towards my Jeep. I immediately sink deeper into my chair, trying to avoid contact with her. I didn't know how to behave or how to act now that I knew she might be with someone else.

            Shawn notices my behaviour and slaps me on the shoulder, chuckling. "Are you avoiding your rebel crush?"

         "Shut up!" I groan, igniting my engine, driving out.

        The house is hauntingly quiet when we first get in but slow approaches make us realize the sound of utensils clasping against each other from the kitchen. My brows raise since no one is ever at home.

          Shawn shares a confused look with me and we both tip toe towards the kitchen now, constantly shushing each other.

      "Always said you two would be awful spies." I hear the heart warming strong accented British words and my eyes widen as I come in contact with my older sister, Elsie.

          Shawn jumps her over before I even move an inch and I roll my eyes realizing he still had a teeny bit of crush on her.

         "Come on Niklaus, don't tell me you did not miss me." She holds out her arms when Shawn finally lets go and I gracefully walk into her embrace. She was the only thing that felt like home right now.