Chapter 2

I take my first break and the rest of the morning passes normally until lunch. Liz says she has a doctors appointment and we switch lunch break times. She calls when there's about ten minutes left and apologizes that she'll have to extend her lunch break since the doctor just got to her. I'm grumpy that I have to cover for her on the phones and wait longer until my lunch break, but it can't be helped.

Two hours after her lunch break should have been over, my stomach is growling and I am visibly more grumpy, getting hangrier by the second.

"Hey y/n!" Tai cheerfully calls, getting off the elevator.

"Hi." I reply curtly, not lifting my gaze from the reports I'm spot checking from all of the heroes before sending them off for government approval and compensation. "What do you need?"

"Oof. Someone's a grump" he teases, leaning onto the top of my desk with his elbows.

"Don't start with me Fatgum." I try to keep a glare off my face, but I don't think I succeed.

"Phone or Liz?"

He knows that Liz and I sometimes butt heads but more often than not, upset people call me and decide to chose to be rude instead of asking for things nicely. It tests my patience daily and I've decided that if I were to ever leave this job, I'd get a new one that didn't deal with people so much.

"Technically Liz."

"Ooooo tea. Spill" he claps his hands together and rests his head on his hands, tapping his fingers on his cheeks excitedly. He's trying to cheer me up, but only eating my lunch will completely do that at this point, but he does make me roll my eyes playfully.

"She's at a doctors appointment but it started when I was supposed to take my lunch and she still isn't back." I complain, leaning back in my seat and sighing. "I'm hangry."

"Can't have that!" He reaches down by my computer and picks up the phone, pressing one of the speed dial buttons. "Hey Jellyman! Can you come down and cover phones for a bit? Thanks!" He hangs up.

"He's busy. He needs to finish up his reports before I send all of these out."

"You can't send them until he's done and he can work on them down here on your computer."

"He'll gunk up my keyboard" I grumble.

"Then he can use Liz's" he says as the elevator dings and a bulky figure that looks like a gummy bear walks off and comes over to me, sitting down in Liz's seat with a squish. He doesn't have any clothes on but he also doesn't have any human genitalia hanging out, so I guess he doesn't need it. "I'm taking you out for lunch."

"I appreciate you getting someone to cover for me, but I brought my lunch." I reply, gratefully getting up and stretching before heading to the staff room on the first floor.

"I'll join you!" He says cheerfully, following me. I notice a lunchbox that should really be a cooler slung over his shoulder. In the break room, he starts unloading the large box and spread it out over the table like his own personal buffet. I unpack my small bag, setting out my simple, healthy lunch of some left over grilled chicken sliced onto a simple salad. I drizzle my favorite dressing, on top but it's never enough. I want nothing more than to drown the meal in the tasty dressing but then I couldn't call it 'healthy' anymore.

I repeat to myself that this is how I keep my weight down. Going to the gym every day, sometimes a couple times a day, only gets me so far, I also have to watch how I fuel my body.

"That can't be all you're eating." Tai looks at my food then back up at me.

"I'm not that hungry." I lie. His expression changes to make me think that he knows I'm lying, but he doesn't make any comments on it as he digs into his feast.