Chapter 18

I lose myself in his wandering touch when he sets me down on the counter. He doesn't let his hands go to any bare skin nor does he move to undress me. I make that first move by reaching for the hem of his shirt and pulling it up. I can't reach all the way up to get it off so he helps tug it the rest of the way.

If he was in his skinny form, this would be no problem, but I can't even wrap my legs around his waist when he's in this fat form.

I need to stretch my hips more so I can get my legs spread enough for any of his forms. I think to myself before his lips press to my neck and empty my head again. He sets my soul on fire but when his hands slip under my shirt to my bare back, I freeze. There are rolls of loose skin back there that I know he can feel.

"Relax cupcake" he whispers against my skin "there's no part of you that I don't like"

I force myself to take a deep breath and calm myself down. My heart still races, but it's from his hands all over me, not my anxiety.

With how big all of him is, it feels like he's everywhere. One second his hand is on my back and in my hair, then they're on my thighs and tracing my collar. When I go for his pants, he stiffens.

"Relax, big bear" I whisper against his mouth but don't make a move to go further.

He pulls back, looking in my eyes. "I hate to ruin the mood, but I have to know that you actually want to do this with me. My control is already fraying and if you keep going...."

"When you asked me to test out my quirk at work against some of the heroes, I didn't want to because I knew if I kept using it, we would end up here and I couldn't force that on you."

"Force that on me? Cupcake, I would have been a willing participant" he chuckles.

"What about having me without quirk or other influence?" I tease

"Just kiss me" he rolls his eyes and puts his big hands on both sides of my face and waits, keeping his eyes locked with mine. He's waiting for me to make the first move and I really want to use my quirk to get him to claim my mouth, but I also want to respect his wishes. I know without a shadow of a doubt that if I have to act on my impulse, I will be attacking him.

I slip my fingers into his waistband and tug him toward me, forcing my legs apart more and stretching my hips to an almost painful stance. Our mouths meet again, but this time it feels like....more. More urgent. More heated. Filled with promise if I don't stop. I don't want to stop.

When I start to push his pants off his hips, he scoops me into his arms and races upstairs.

"Tai!" I laugh as I'm jostled in his arms.

"You deserve something soft under you"

"You could be under me" I tease, running my hand down his bare chest.

"Cupcake. You're killing me, darlin" he breathes, setting me down in the center of his large bed. "This is going to be over before it starts if you keep that up."

"What are you talking about? I've barely done anything!" I fake complain. He moves to stand at the foot of the bed and takes me in. I feel at ease as his eyes scan my splayed out, fully clothed body.

"You've barely done anything and I'm ready to leap onto you"

"Then why are you still standing there?" I ask, propping myself up on my elbows.

"I'm giving you a second to back out if you want to" he admits. "You just got out of a long relationship. I've waited five years for you. What's a little more time?"