Chapter 5 - Papparazzi Crisis

Shaurya

The next morning Shaurya woke up in a happy mood. Last night was perfect. He not only figured out that he likes Anokhi, he also got to spend an evening getting to know her. Proud that his plan had worked out exactly how he wanted it. Shaurya started planning for next one.

Now that he accepted his attraction to her, he needed to see if she thought of him in the same manner. He knew that she liked him as a actor so maybe that would give me a little advantage.

As he got ready for the day he thought about going to the same café as yesterday. Only this time he would invite Anokhi before hand and they could walk together. Happy with his plan of a Chai date with Anokhi. He was about to head out when his phone rang. Seeing his moms ID he picked up.

"Good morning mom, everything okay?"

"I should be asking you this. Do you have something to tell me?"

Shaurya rolled his eyes at the dramatics.

"What do you want to know about the show now mom?"

"Forget the show! My son is hiding things from me."

"Mom can you please just speak clearly. All this  round talk that is only good for ITV"

"You are dating someone"

"Oh god. Not this again. I told you I am not dating her. We just work together"

"Not her. The girl you had chai with yesterday. I saw it on the news - a picture of two of you"

Shaurya was speechless for a minute. How could his mom know about Anokhi. Unfortunately his mom took his silence for admission of guilt and started lecturing him.

"Mom...mom...mom.."

It took a few tries to finally get her to stop talking.

"I am not dating her. She is my neighbor. I actually just met her at the café. And we walked back together. "

"Ohh"

"Yes oh. Mom you know how the media is. Remember when I supposedly had a wife and kid in Hyderabad?"

His mom laughed.

"That was a funny one."

As she was reminiscing about that incident few years back. Shaurya thought about Anokhi. His mom easily understood now because she's been through the media craziness before. But what about Anokhi would she be offended, upset or angry. Would she be mad enough to not see him anymore. He needed to talk to Anokhi before she found out from someone else. He interrupted his mom.

"Mommm..I need to go. I will call you after my shoot is done."

He hung up the phone, walked over to the other apartment and knocked on the door.

——————————————————-

Anokhi

"I am telling you the people are so crazy."

"Well you know how competitive sales field is"

"Yes I have heard it. But to see it firsthand was an eye opener. Two really good friends fighting over zones and stuff"

"I have seen a fistfight before"

"That's insane. So you tell me what's new in the life of Ahir"

Ahir smiled and flipped his camera so Anokhi could see a women sitting on one of the chairs watching tv. He flipped the camera back and gave Anokhi a wink.