13 - Future Daughter-in-Law

Aastha was looking out of the window at the beauty of Mumbai. The hustle and bustle of the city never ceased to amaze her. Though she loved her life far away from the city, once in a while she missed the liveliness. She looked over to her son, he was tapping his finger against the steering wheel to the melody playing on the radio.

It had been a while since she saw him this happy. Granted it wasn't as if he was going around depressed or angry, but as a mother she could notice the subtle difference in his manner. His eyes had a gleam to them. Aastha knew if she were to tell Shaurya this he would roll his eyes and tell her to stop being so filmy.

Well filmy or not she knew that her son was happier than before. And it was all due to Anokhi. Though she had spoken to Anokhi on many occasions meeting her in person was going to be different. She would finally be able to see the girl that made a home in her sons heart and mind. 

"Mom what's wrong?"

She turned her focus away from the window to her son. "Nothing why are you asking?"

"You have been really quiet, what are you thinking?"

"I was thinking about Anokhi."

"You will like her. But please be nice!"

"Arre, when am I not nice?"

"Really remember the last time you came. How you and Devi ganged up against me, please don't do that to her"

Aastha laughed as the memories from her last trip flooded her mind. "That was a fun trip. You and your dad were a bit of a bore though."

"I think dad was just trying to stay away from yours and Devi's path. Actually so was I."

"Don't worry Shaurya. I will be on my best behavior. After all can't have my future daughter-in-law running away so soon."

"MOM!!!!!!"

Aastha laughed. "Oh come on! It's a matter of time. You love her."

"See this is what I am saying!"

Aastha grabbed his arm in surprise "you haven't told her!"

"Told her what? Mom I am driving here"

Aastha removed her hand. "You haven't told her  you love her?" She asked again disappointed.

"Mom when was I supposed to tell her. She literally agreed to take the relationship public last night. I will tell her on my own time"

"There is no specific time to say I love you. You just have to say it. Actually after s*x is good time to say it"

"MOM!!! Please stop, I am not talking about that with you!"

"I am just..." she stopped as he gave her a angry look. Then slumped back on the seat and crossed her arms.

When she felt him relax. She spoke quickly. "You know I was the one that had that talk with you. Don't know why you are embarrassed now. Especially since I KNOW you aren't living like a monk"

"I will literally park the car and walk home mom!"

"Fine"

————————————————————

"That was delicious Anokhi. Shaurya has told me about your amazing cooking, but this was just mind blowing." 

"Thank you aunty"

Aastha gave Shaurya a look but he just ignored her. He had been pouting since the drive.

"Shaurya you should do the dishes since Anokhi made the food."