THIRTY

Will had spent the day avoiding Jaime Lannister like the plague, locked up in either his or Arya's room. His trial before Daenerys, Sansa, and Jon was in a matter of hours and selfishly, Will almost couldn't help but wish the man was to be sent off back to where he came.

The thought of his Lannister blood made him sick.

Arya seemed genuinely concerned.

"Aren't you even a little open-minded about it?" she began carefully as the pair sat by the fire. Will had refused to step outside whilst Jaime roamed around.

The blonde boy looked dazed,

"Nothing could ever possess me to fraternize with one of them. My mother was obviously out of it."

Arya sighed, adjusting herself to be warmed more by the flames, 

"Trust me, I'd be the last person to breathe a good word about the... Lannisters, but from what Brienne tells me he isn't all bad. Your mother... may have had her own reasons."

Will shook his head lightly.

"I don't know much about love Will, just that it's not always where you expect it. It sort of just happens, fighting it doesn't do much."

This got Will's attention but he didn't respond.

Arya groaned at his unresponsiveness and rolled over to lean on his shoulder,

"Come on Hart!" she exclaimed, causing him to tilt his head to stare at her with a bemused expression, "Besides, I'm technically fraternizing with a Lannister now." She remarked coyly.

Will shoved her off playfully, trying to hide his grin,

"You better shut it Stark."

She laughed.

---

Will almost felt sorry for Jaime as he stood unmoving in the center of the hall. 

Everybody in the room despised the man for one reason or another. Some were probably his own fault but Will knew deep down he couldn't help his reputation to some degree.

He had sneaked in behind some soldiers, his curiosity too great to wait for the verdict.

Daenerys looked tense and angry,

"When I was a child, my brother would tell me a bedtime story about the man who murdered our father," She began, her harsh tone ringing clear in the silent hall, "Who stabbed him in the back and cut his throat. Who sat down on the iron throne and watched as his blood poured onto the floor."

Jaime didn't let his emotions betray him.

"He told me other stories too. About all the things we would do to that man when we took back the seven kingdoms and had him in our grasp. Your sister pledged to send her army North."

"She did."

Daenerys shrugged her shoulders mockingly,

"I don't see an army. I see one man, with one hand. It appears your sister lied to me."

That was true. Will had noticed the golden replica on the man's right hand, shiny and false. He felt very curious as to how it had come about. It was, after all, his sword hand.

Jaime exchanged a look with his brother before speaking, "She lied to me as well." He admitted finally, "She never had any intention of sending her army North.  She had Euron Greyjoy's fleet and 20,000 fresh troops, the golden company from Essos, bought and paid for. Even if we defeat the dead, she'll have more than enough men to destroy the survivors."