SEVEN

Lorsa probably knew Will better than anyone. She never asked why he was so withdrawn, mostly because she wasn't the most social person either.

She liked to stick to the shadows, rather watching than interacting with anyone on the sunny Dornish streets.

The bow and arrows strung roughly across her back were well worn and meant more to Lorsa than anything or anyone. Strange, she knew but she didn't have a connection with anyone. The brother who raised her had died, his throat slit by a band of young men.

She would have been killed too, if it wasn't for Will.

He had saved her and they had known each other since. They didn't really talk much.

More like acknowledged each other when they passed in the streets and rarely talked. It was just their way of friendship, nothing more.

Watching Will occasionally would probably have been something strange and unnatural to most but for Lorsa it was just one of her habits.

And it wasn't because she was deathly obsessed over him like she knew some people would assume but she felt compelled to look after him after he had saved her about a year ago.

She had seen him yesterday, but not alone.

A girl, quite young. She had short, messy brown hair and clothes that didn't seem to fit a girl. Probably disguised as a boy.

Smart, thought Lorsa. She had pulled the trick herself a couple of times. It was easier, safer and no one payed attention to a short and skinny boy shuffling around the streets.

Still, it was odd. Will had never taken interest in anyone. Every time Lorsa looked at him he was alone, always doing something different but always alone.

But why now?

Why, is he with someone?

To be honest, today wasn't the day for Lorsa to be thinking about it too much, this day was far too important to spend thinking about why Will was talking to a mysterious girl.

One distraction, its all it takes. Stop thinking even for one moment, is enough for a knife to snake around her throat and make a clean cut.

She had found out who killed her brother. And where they were.

Caius and Cynbal. The twins of the group. They were very good looking, bronze hair and tan skin. To be honest, the group probably kept them for appearances since they seemed to useless at everything else as she observed them.

Then Justus, the smart one with black hair and the darkest eyes Lorsa had ever seen. He planned everything and knew where everything and everyone would be during their attacks.

Lorsa allowed herself a smile. He wouldn't be able to see her coming.

Lucius was the sly one, always armed with a knife. He could throw the knife at a deadly speed and Lorsa knew the only way to beat him was to get up close. He had sandy blonde hair and hazel eyes that were constantly glinting with the thought of something malicious.

The muscle of the group was obviously Seneca. He was deadly looking with a massive build and menacing dark blue eyes and jet black hair. the sword he waved around was almost Lorsa's height. But he was slow and not particularly smart.

The leader, Tiberius. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes. He was definitely the biggest challenge. Agile and skilful with his sword. But nothing would stop Lorsa now.

She dropped down in the empty alleyway, no sign of them yet. She was utterly alone as the made her way down the alley tentatively.

She came to the door and her heart was beating so loudly, she thought that someone would hear it.

Voices caused her to jolt upwards and almost let the dagger in her had clatter to the floor. She composed herself and turned to the side, disguising herself with shadows. Out of view of anyone stepping outside the house.

The door rattled slightly and opened. Lorsa immediately recognised Caius as he boldly made his way through the door. He seemed to be talking to someone in slurred speech. "Next time you get the wine." He was drunk.

Lorsa smiled.

Perfect.

She waited until Caius was out of view from the door then slipped silently out of the shadows.

Swiftly she jumped on his back and stabbed the knife into him, covering his mouth with her hand. He instantly began bleeding and his eyes showed terror.

But Lorsa didn't care, he had been the one laughing as her brother died.

Caius died silently and Lorsa lowered him carefully to the ground and wiped her blood stained hands on his shirt.

She walked as quietly as she could back to the house.

From the door she could see Cynbal with his back to her, seemingly chugging a bottle of wine as fast as he could. Just as her dagger dripping crimson was raised in the air she heard a scream of a young girl,

Lorsa turned just as the wine fell and Cynbal also redirected his head to the source of the sound, in the process noticing Lorsa.

Cynbal also screamed, seemingly alerting everyone else in the house.

In the alleyway stood Will, his sword drawn and eyes wide in panic.

It seemed to have been the girl next to him that had screamed, her facial expression one of fear. It was the girl she had seen with Will, the same short brown hair and blue eyes.

Will looked up at Lorsa.

"Um, this is Arya". He said, not sure of what was going on. Lorsa jumped back just as one of Lucius' knives brushed past her.

Arya's eyes widened even more if it was possible at the knife. Will turned to her, "go back to the house Arya and stay there until I come back." He said gently, his eyes still trained upon the door.

"No, I won't." She replied stubbornly, "I can fight just like you."

"Please Arya, go back"

"You can't make me"

"Arya!"

The girl stared Will down, her eyes narrowing. "We can stand here arguing and die or we can both fight." she said.

Will sighed in desperation and looked over at Lorsa for help who simply shrugged. "We need all the help we can get, these people can fight."

Will looked like he didn't like the idea of Arya fighting but he reluctantly gave in, "Okay fine, but if you die it's not my fault." Arya glared back at him, "Fine then."

She drew a sword from her belt and pointed it in an elegant stance in front of her. Highborn girl then, curious.

The sword was very small, but pointy. Some nice steel too. Lorsa wondered if it was given to her or if the girl had stolen it. Will edged closer towards the door next to Lorsa, Arya following, clearly trying not to look utterly terrified.

"Get ready" said Lorsa, intently looking at the door. Awaiting some movement from inside the building.

This could go well or fail completely. Thank the seven she wasn't alone.

Please don't die.

I don't want to die.

Don't die.

Please.

*****

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT, I'VE BEEN BUSY WITH EXAMS. I'LL BE UPDATING MORE SOON, SO KEEP TUNED IN.

♛SERENA♛