THREE

Will had been standing in the same spot for a couple of moments, using the precious time to admire the young girl

Will had been standing in the same spot for a couple of moments, using the precious time to admire the young girl. She was pretty, maybe even beautiful but not in the way most noble ladies were. He had met some very exquisite women in his time and they had all been the same, perfect hair, enriched in jewels and long flowing dresses with their fake smiles and soft voices.

Arya Stark wasn't like that, at all.

She was so very different. Her hair was dark brown, unruly but still somehow soft looking. Her eyes were truly mesmerising, they were dull yet alluring. A shade grey that reflected his own grief but something more, fire. She had something candidly special.

"What are you looking at?" Will was shocked out of his stupor with the girl's harsh speech. He felt himself slowly blushing crimson. He turned, partly covering his face from her. "Nothing" he replied as coolly as he could.

Arya looked like she wanted to say something else but at last minute snapped her mouth shut and turned towards him. "Do you have anywhere to stay?" Will asked, seemingly desperate to change the subject.

"No.." she said, seemingly hesitating. "I'm not planning on kidnapping you and doing God knows what" Will replied, half fighting the urge to grin instead offering a cheeky smile. She replied with a half grin "I know" she said, "I'm just not sure what to do, I came her for this"

She rummaged in her pocket for a few seconds and Will found himself oddly enough wanting to know why the young girl, who was such a long way from home wanted to come to the free city of Braavos.

She pulled out a coin. "Here" she said handing it to me, "Valar Morghulis" All men must die. Will started at the coin, familiarity practically bleeding from it. Will glanced up at her with a confused expression, how did a coin of Braavos end up with an orphaned noble lady from Westeros. "Valar dohaeris" All men must serve.

"How..-" Will found it immensely hard to force out the words as he started at the doing, wondering if he was dreaming and he'd wake, without the girl or the coin.

Arya Stark shrugged, "Someone gave it me, said if I ever needed him to use this coin" she said. "Who?" Will asked, finally managing to tear his glance away from the coin and towards the young girl.

"Jaqen H'ghar" she replied, starting anxiously at Will as if he was able to provide an answer on whoever she was talking about, "Sorry, I don't know who that is" Will said, truly confused.

Will handed back the coin and dropped his hand out of habit right on the handle of the sword. Arya noticed and smiled slightly, "It's a nice sword" she complimented, "where did you get it from?" Will glanced at the sword then up at the girl. "It was my father's, he gave it to me when I was eleven. He was never much of a fighter so passing it onto me was the best thing he could have done." Arya nodded slightly, "It's quite large, how did you handle it?"

Will grinned back at the memory "I dragged the damned sword everywhere, "I was very young, I could barely hold it upright, it took countless lessons but at learned and well" he patted his sword "here I am". Arya smiled. "And yours?" Will asked.

Arya's smile fell somewhat as if triggered by a sad memory, "my brother gave it to me" Will countinued looking at her but spoke: "Robb Stark, they say he was a great warrior, the young wolf" Arya shook her head "No" she said curtly "Jon Snow, he was my father's bastard son but he was like my brothers we had a strong bond"

Will hung his head in a sign of remorse "I'm sorry" he said, his eyes reflecting her sadness. She shrugged.

"Who taught you how to fight?" Will asked, hoping to somehow raise her spirits. "Syrio Forrell, The first sword of Braavos" she said smugly, obviously proud of who had taught her the art of sword fighting.

Will chuckled, "I too had him for a while" he said, happy she wasn't so down anymore. The swiftly wrinkled his nose, remembering the time he had Syrio Forrell as fighting instructor. "kept calling me girl though, "I don't blame him though, my mother insisted on the most ridiculous hairstyle on me when I was younger"

Arya laughed, a pretty laugh "And he kept calling me boy" Wills smiled.

"How fitting it is for us to meet." She said, calming down slightly and staring ahead at the empty, morning Braavosi sky.

"Yes indeed" Will replied and smiled, and for the first time in along while it was a genuine smile.