SEVENTEEN

Bran snorted again.

Arya was close to tears, her arm shaking with the bow still tightly gripped in her hand.

The target to too far from her was empty except for one pathetic arrow clinging on the edge. The rest of the arrows littered the ground around it, each one clattering into the floor more painfully than the last.

"Just give up already." Said robb harshly, "Go back to sewing."

Catelyn sighed softly and made her way to her daughter and placed a dainty hand on the young girl's shoulder.

"Robb, be kinder to your sister please." She stated firmly, giving her son a piercing stare. He turned and left without saying a word.

Catelyn looked Arya in the eyes, "Maybe this isn't really for you." She began, looking at Arya in sympathy, "We can get Septa to give you extra lessons, I'm sure you'll find some pleasure in sewing if you really dedicate your heart to it."

"Real Ladies aren't all about sewing and looking pretty, those things are lovely however real ladies never give up, if the can't sew, they'll learn. If they cannot shot straight, they will learn"

Arya frowned, "But-"

Catelyn lowered herself to Arya's height and smiled faintly, "I'll get your brothers and father inside, you try again."

***

Arya awoke,

A stray glimmer of moonlight shon through the window and the night sky twinkled beautifully.

Her hands dropped to her sides and as she went to stand up, she groaned. A sharp pain in her abdomen stopping her from moving suddenly.

That stupid witch, thing, whatever she... it, was.

She carefully climbed out of her bed, steadily walking to the door, her bare feet silent against the floor.

The hall was dark and empty, but familiar and she traced a small line across the cool wall as she made her way.

Arya finally made her way to her destination and paused at the door, her hand hovering hesitantly when she finally gained the courage to open the door and step inside.

The interior was dimly lit with a weak candle on the table opposite the bed, a figure in the bed roughly across the door stirred.

Will sat up.

He looked startled for a second and his hand was already reaching towards his blade when he stopped and saw Arya in the doorway.

"Arya." He said softly.

She walked over to him and sat down on the bed tentatively.

"I- I want to go home." She said quietly.

"I..."

She didn't get further before Will hugged her with one arm rested his head on hers. 

She started crying for the first time for the first time in ages.

She felt like a little girl again, never fitting in anywhere, no one liking her. She felt as though she was weak and needed protection.

Will was holding on to her tightly, offering her protection.

And for once she didn't mind.