SIX

"Arya, why did you come here." Will asked, "You couldn't have come here just on a whim to see a man who I've never heard of."

Arya looked up at him in surprise, she had been hoping to avoid the question altogether but she had to explain to him sooner or later.

She hesitated, "No" she admitted finally, "He isn't a man."

Will raised his eyebrows, "what do you mean?" he asked, confused.

"I don't really know" said Arya, desperately trying to piece her answer together in her mind, "He has like, many faces. I don't know exactly who - or what he is."

Realisation crossed the young boy's face, the it quickly turned to dread then worry, "The faceless assassins." he mumbled just loud enough to the Stark girl to hear.

"Probably!" she said enthusiastically ignoring Will's facial expressions, "Are they near, can we go to them?"

Will shook his head, "Arya, I don't think you know who they are." he paused, "They aren't human, they can be anyone. You could have walked past one today, on its way to kill someone."

Arya looked slightly pale.

"They're dangerous, you'd better hope you never come across one."

"But-"

"No buts Arya, I'm not stepping foot in that place and neither are you." said Will sternly, maintaining eye contact with the girl.

"You don't understand!" said Arya loudly, "It's the only place for me to go, everyone I know is dead! My father, mother, brother, aunt.   is probably still stuck in King's landing and God knows where Bran and Rickon are!"

"I'm sorry Arya, I really am."

Will and Arya both looked glum but he knew what the right thing to do was.