TWENTY TWO

The arduous journey started to take a toll on the two walking side by side across grainy, soily terrain in silence. 

Walking alone wouldn't have been the worst thing but their ears were never safe from the talking of Edgar who seemed like not talking was going to kill him. Arya and Will had exchanged numerous glances in the past hours of walking which all read the same thing:

when in seven hells will he shut up?

"- and then I realised I had just spilled wine on a noble lady's dress. Even though she was rather not a pretty site- "

"Will you shut up." Arya said in frustration, her walking pace slowing down as she turned to face the boy.

Edgar smirked his slowly familiar becoming smirk and laughed slowly, "Little lady wants away."

Arya grimaced, his words echoed those of the hound and memories of similar forests flooded her mind. Poor Lommy.

"Not too bright either of you, aye?"

Will murmured something under his breath and his green eyes shimmered under the morning sun which illuminated his face, his golden skin glowing and his bright hair even more accented. He looked just like a real prince.

Just like a -

She forced the tiny mocking voice in her head back.

"What's that brother? Jealous of my glory and interesting life? I was always the better one of us two, that's why I was sent to King's landing and not you."

Will mumbled again and barely looked in Edgar's direction.

"What was that?"

"Just that you were more disposable than I was apparently. You were going to spend your life fighting peasants and I was going to be a wealthy merchant."

Arya internally sighed and her mind was cast back to memories of Sansa and her fighting similarly.

Which brought her back to Edgar and his relationship with Sansa.

***

"Why the hell do you need to see my sister?"

Edgar smirked again but something seemed off, he appeared to be less sure of himself almost as if the mention of Sansa Stark had changed something.

"I met her- in King's Landing." He explained and looked nervously towards Will, "Look, we owe the Starks big time brother. Our family was saved by them. I owed this to her in some way since our father wasn't alive anymore. I needed to save her, I just never thought Littlefinger would get to her first, I've been looking for her ever since and since I heard that she'd reclaimed Winterfell I was head there and recognised you on the way."

"If it wasn't for Ned Stark, the Lannisters would know and we'd all be done for."

Will shadowed the same look of confusion that Arya had and frowned slightly, "Known what?"

By now, Edgar's smile has completely disappeared and he instead looked very uncomfortable, scared even.

He hesitated before speaking;

"Did you ever wonder why you never looked anything like dad or me?"