NINE

Tiberius' offer echoed in Will's ears and he instinctively stepped in front of Arya his sword raised higher

He looked at her and she looked terrified, her eyes widening. Will leaned closer, "I won't let them take you. I promise." he whispered so softly Arya could barely hear him. But she did and made eye contact with him, looking slightly more relaxed.

Will swivelled to face Tiberius, anger blinding him. "I'm afraid that's not going to happen." he said through gritted teeth.

Tiberius pouted playfully, "I'm afraid you have no option." he said menacingly, "You see, either you hand her over and walk out unscathed or we kill you and take the girl anyway.

Arya wiggled her way in front of Will and Lorsa "Not if we kill you first." she said with a glare plastered on her face and her sword pointed towards the group of men.

Tiberius laughed, Will didn't like his laugh. "Don't worry little girl, we'll go easy on you."

Arya was about to retort again but was cut off as Lorsa let go of her arrow and it flew and buried itself into the big man's shoulder. She widened her eyes at the realisation of what she'd done hit her. She cursed.

The big man growled and what should have hurt him he simply wrenched the arrow out with barely a wince and threw it to the floor, dripping blood.

Tiberius' smirk melted into a serious expression and he stepped back drawing his sword. "That was a mistake, I'm going to have to kill you now." he shrugged, "Sorry."

Everything seemed to spring to action in that one moment.

Lorsa threw herself at the smaller man before he could fling his knife and they both went down in a heap, struggling for control. The man trying to grab his knife whilst Lorsa desperately tried yo hold him down.

The big man reached for Arya and within three long strides he was in front of her but his movement were slow and the knife was too heavy to move fast.

Arya's blade looked looked tiny in comparison to his, but to be honest she looked tiny compared to him in general. She dodged under him and bought her sword up in quick, painful jabs.

Tiberius stepped closer to Will, smirking.  

"I guess it's you against me." he said cockily, tilting his head.

Will remained silent and they both started circling each other daring the other to make the first move. 

Tiberius darted forward fast and Will expertly blocked the attack whilst pushing forward, making Tiberius play defence.

Will continued forward jabbing and stabbing at the man who was evidently struggling, beads of sweat forming rapidly on his brow and face crinkled.

He have Tiberius no time to recover and after some attacks found the opportunity to drive his sword into Tiberius' leg. He howled and dropped.

Then Will heard a high-pitched scream. 

Arya.

Will frantically turned to see Arya on the floor clutching her arm and rolling around, the big man lying next to her dead. Blood still gushing from a gruesome stab wound in his neck.

Tiberius used the momentum to try and run his sword through Will but failed as Will darted away last second. 

He took no time to be idle and drove the sword through Tiberius' chest, blood forming. He screamed for a few seconds before falling limp.

Will was about to go to Arya but stopped as he saw the smaller man's knife dangerously close to Lorsa's neck as she flailed in her attempt to push him off her.

Will launched himself forward and drove the sword through his back.

His blood-curdling scream sounded briefly then fell silent rolling off Lorsa and onto the floor with a small thud.

"You okay?" asked Will.

Lorsa grimaced and sat up. "Yeah, just a couple of scratches. Her-" Lorsa gestured to Arya who had propped herself up against the wall and was cradling her arm. "-is the one to worry about now".

Will hurried towards Arya and squatted beside her. "Are you okay?" he asked, a concerned look spreading across his face.

"No." she said in a strained voice, "I was just stabbed with a bloody massive sword."

Will sighed and touched her arm. Arya hissed and drew herself away. "It hurts." she muttered. 

He nodded and decided it was pretty bad so he did the only thing he could do. Carry her.

He put one arm under he legs and the other gently on her back and lifted, making sure her arm was in a comfortable enough position.

She was pretty light and he turned towards Lorsa to find her pointing a dagger at the cowardly man in corner. 

He was blubbering like a baby and crying. "P-Please don't k-kill me, I-I wasn't going to do a-anything bad, I swear!"

The guy looked like he wanted nothing more than to blend into the wall.

Lorsa looked down on him with a glare, "Is there anyone else in this house?" she asked threateningly, the grip on her knife tightening.

He nodded rapidly, "Yes, yes. Justus. upstairs."

"Let him live." spoke up Will from across the room, a nearly unconscious Arya in his arms.

The guy looked at him with wide eyes, "Thank you, thank you!" he rambled, "You will never see me again!" Lorsa looked at him in disgust then at Will with a confused look.

Will looked Lorsa in the eyes, "He's nothing. Less than nothing. Let him live his filthy life." He directed his gaze to the man on the floor, "Away from here."

Lorsa sighed but nodded drawing her knife away and stepping aside. The man stood up and tripped a little, "Thanks you! I owe you my life, you'll never see my face again!" he said, his eyes wet.

Will glared at him coldly, "Go before I change my mind."

The man nodded rapidly and hurried out of the door almost hitting himself on the frame.

Lorsa sighed and relaxed, looking towards Will. "I'll get Justus."

Will raised his eyebrows, you sure you're okay? If you hold Arya I'll go after him. Lorsa shook her head, "No, no." he said simply, "He can't fight."

Will smiled halfheartedly, "You can."

Lorsa returned the gesture, "You too." she said, then averted her gaze to the girl in Will's arms and gestured towards her.

"She certainly can."

Will smiled a full smile and looked upon her peaceful face.

"A real fighter she is."