EIGHTEEN

Will stared at the girl before him.

She wasn't familiar but the look on her face was all too recognisable.

He grinned, "You look great" he paused, assessing her from head to toe, "Mirabelle."

She playfully hit his shoulder, "Oh, do feel free to shut up .... Asher."

He stood to his full height, a full foot above Arya and sighed, "I'm not the one who looks completely different now am I?"

"Shut up. Besides, it's a useful skill." Arya stopped her playful banter and her face turned hard, "I need to do this for my family, the world - shitty as it is, will be a better place without the Freys wasting the air we breathe."

Will winced, he'd never been completely on board with the plan but decided to go with it. As bad as these people were, killing them would just be.... wrong. He didn't believe it would solve anything. It would just add up to the piling guilt the teenager had piling up.

He smiled comfortingly. 

"I know."

She slowly reached forward and wrapped her skinny arms around his middle.

He place one hand on her back and the other over her shoulder, clutching the back of her head and keeping her close to him.

Arya closed her eyes and sighed, breathing in his scent. He didn't smell of much, he just smelled of, well just Will.

They pulled apart and looked each other in the eye. Will chuckled humourlessly, "We are so messed up."

"Yeah we are."

A grating voice pulled them from the moment.

"I am getting very famished. Girl, bring me that pie or I shall have you flogged." Came the decrepit voice of the old nasty Frey, sitting at his high table.

Arya shared a look with Will and walked into the room, Will shortly following holding a bottle of wine and trying his best to look like more of a squire than a highborn Lord.

She stepped up to the table and set down the pie, carefully cutting a slice whilst Will walked around him and started to fill the cup up with the red liquid.

Walder Frey gave him a look that wanted to make him squirm out of his body, the uncomfortableness chilling in his bones.

"You're too pretty to be a squire." Walder laughed

Will continued to fill the cup, not knowing fully how to respond to the odd comment.

Walder huffed and turned his attention to Arya, "You're not one of mine, are you?"

"No my lord."

He grinned which made Will's insides writhe with hate. "Didn't think so." He responed, looking at Arya in a way that made Will want to bash his face in then and there. 

"Too pretty."

He slapped her behind, grinning predatory.

Arya jumped back, looking flustered and agitated.

Will tightened his jaw and the grip on the handle was tightening, his knuckles turning white but he kept his composure and remained silent, like a squire should.

"Where are my damn moron sons." Exclaimed Walde Frey loudly, "Black Walder and Lothar Said they'd be here by midday."

Will finished pouring and stood straight, "They're here my lord." He spoke for the first time, surprised himself at how calm he sounded in the moment.

Walder looked impatient, "Well what are they doing, trimming their cunt hairs? Tell them to come here, now!"

"They're already her my lord." Repeated Will clearly.

Walder scanned the room, his beady little eyes scanning the room.

Arya bent over and gestured toward the pie on the table, "here." She said, as if it were obvious.

Walder slowly adjusted his eyes to the food before him, he slowly reached a hand toward the grotesque slice and pulled off the top, revealing a finger.

He backed away in his chair, breathing heavily.

Arya's fake face turned dark, "They weren't easy to curve, especially Black Walder."

He turned towards her, lost for words and blubbering incoherent things.

Arya slowly raised her hand to her face and pulled. Walder Frey watched horrified as the servant girl's face came off, revealing Arya's true face.

She smirked.

"My name is Arya Stark. I want you to know that. The last thing that you're ever going to see is a Stark smiling down at you as you die."

Walder looked frantically at Will for help and lurched from his chair, attempting to escape. Will pulled him back roughly and gave him a blank stare.

"Not today."

Will shoved Walder toward Arya, who pulled him into a firm grip and sliced his throat.

Will watched as Walder Frey bled out, gasping for air and grabbing uselessly at his throat. 

When he stopped struggling, Arya let him fall to the floor.

They exchanged a glance.

"Winter has come for house Frey."