ONE

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

P A R T  O N E

╚═════════════╝

At first glance from a ship no more than a mile away it would have seemed to the human eye that the free city of Braavos was a beautiful and magnificent place. A dwelling most merchants and noble lords could only dream of visiting.

None of that was true to its word. Sure the city was pretty but it stank, not only the foul smell but the foul people. Pick pockets waiting at the side of the busy market street, greedily eying visible pouches of money partly consumed by the shadow.

The boy kept his head down and his money in his pocket which his hand clenched with force. Everyone knew him as the rich boy who inherited from his rich parents. He had no doubts the citizens of the city thought of him as a spoilt brat and would gladly do him some damage. 

It was hard to blend in. Not often in Braavos would you find a boy with blonde hair and astounding blue eyes, his mother had been a noble lady of Westeros and his father a merchant in Braavos. He would not once deny his father had done well for himself on the financial time.

The scolding heat was almost too much for Will as he walked, a hood covering his upper face and the rest of him draped in tight tunic that covered his pale complexion.

Will hated this, his whole life was a complicated mess. Everywhere he set foot people would like to take his life, at best shoot him dirty glares. 

The boy kept walking until he reached his usual place. A small crevice in the side of a crooked stone building. He'd sit there in the shade for however long it took for his trade ships to arrive then dash forward to order the shipment be delivered to his home, pay the merchant what he is owed and leave the same way he came.

Will observed as he sat, stoic as usual and calmly observed the ships slowly pulling in and out of the harbour. He cautiously removed his hood, swiftly pulling it from his head and darted his eyes everywhere but was relieved that the passers by payed him no mind as they milled about, weaving through the vast crowd. 

The wall was refreshingly cool as Will lay his head against it letting out a sign of relief and gratitude for not having to be moving around outside in the unbearable heat anymore.

The time passed excruciatingly slow as he thought every passer by would look upon him and recognise who he was. Finally after what had seemed like hours and could only have been mere minutes the familiar small ship rolled into the harbour.

Will sighed in relief and made a mental note to curse the merchant who had arrived significantly late. Will hastily pulled the hood back over his blonde hair and started towards the ship quickly, keeping his head down and his eyes fixed on the floor not daring to make eye contact with anyone.

He quickly walked the distance up the slope of the ship and onto deck, pulling off his hood as soon as he saw he was indeed out of sight of everyone. As quick as lightning a girl pushed passed him, almost running as she speed out of the ship seemingly eager to get out. She had glanced at him only briefly but he quickly noted her grey eyes and short brown hair.

Will looked at her as she was out of his sight rapidly, disguised by the large crowd. "Master Hart" a raspy voice sounded not too far from his and Will snapped out of his trance to face the man. "Carem, seems you are a little on the late side as it is" Will replied coolly, looking the familiar captain up and down. "Apologies, my lord was a little caught up with the girl, asked to go to the wall, bless 'er who would want to go to that miserable place. Told 'er I was only eligible to take 'er to here, so here she is" Will's interest was spiked as he wondered what young girl could possibly want to head the wall.

"right" Will mused, paying only half attention to the captain "So I'll have it delivered before nightfall, am I right? Carem nodded as Will ruffled through his cloak, producing a bag packed with coins. "Here Carem, seven blessings" and with that the boy turned on his heel, fixed the hood back upon him and started his way back to his home.

True to his word, Carem had the shipment transported to his house just as night fell by a couple of sailors. Will was immersed in thought in the still house, about his fighting schedule, food, the next set of shipments that were due to come in the next couple of weeks but mainly on the strange girl.

He presumed she was maybe fourteen, fifteen at most. He himself was seventeen but was often mistaken for older due to his fighting ability and strong build. He wondered what she wanted at the wall and what she could possibly find in Braavos.

It was surprisingly difficult but Will had managed to banish the young girl from his mind as he trained, exercising his body with various forms of fitness and it was well into the night when he finally stopped.

He went to sleep with the girl on his mind, the girl who didn't seem to want to get out of his mindset.

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Hey guys, so first chapter out! let me know what you think and please comment and vote!

♛SERENA♛