TEN

"My head hurts."

"As you've said multiple times."

Arya nodded as if in a trance. To Will it seemed she wasn't really in the conversation just floating away mindlessly, the consequence of an injury he guessed.

A few slow moments past and Arya turned to Will again, "it still hurts."

Will breathed in slowly and held it in for a moment before exhaling and painfully forcing a smile on his face. "Why don't I go make something to eat?" He suggested.

Arya nodded absentmindedly and waved him off dismissively. "Bye bye" she said in a drunken tone.

Will turned and left the room, heading down to the kitchen area where he set some hot water boiling over a fire. Will then picked up the chicken he'd bought earlier and tossed it in along with some herbs and spices.

He was extremely tired.

Looking after an injured girl for such a long time really does something to people.

The soup boiled away silently as Will leaned against the wall, lost in thought.

When it was done he scooped the contents into two bowls and gradually lifted then, moving to go back to Arya's room.

The bowls clattered to the floor and hot soup spilled everywhere as Will realised something.

Arya wasn't here.

A note was laying on the bed, apparently quickly scribbled but he could make out what it said.

I'm sorry and I know this is a bad idea. I need to go to the faceless assassins, it's the only way my questions will be answered. I know you try your best with me and I appreciate it immensely but I have to do this. Please don't go after me, I have no choice. I'm sorry.

-Arya

Will sucked in a big breath and he knew. Despite her wishes, she was naive and didn't know what she was doing.

He was going after her.