ROT!🧡🐢||Mikey's Special

Look at that lil cutie

__________

Mikey and his brothers slumped on the floor after coming home empty handed again from a night of searching. What might they be searching perhaps? Clues of course!

Just as when they thought that peace would come after Shredder had been defeated, there had been numerous sightings of alien-like creatures that looked like old chewed up gum brains you'd find under a typical highschool student's desk. There had also been people reported missing and after having zero clues on who or what exactly they were dealing with for the past week, caused a huge toll on the brothers. Even Baron Draxum, their new dad, tried to help but couldn't seem to find anyone from the Hidden City with information about the said anomalies.

Mikey's usual cheery mood was absolutely drained. He was tired from all the work. He didn't have any more energy to enjoy any free time and haven't slept much due to the longer hours in patrol. And every time they feel like they found a lead, it only comes up as a dead end. A dead end with another random civilian going missing.

Splinter noticed his children's miserable auras. He could hear their tired groans all the way from the living room. He looked down on his rat feet, feeling incredibly useless by letting his sons take care of serious problems. Problems that shouldn't even be theirs in the first place! (For real, they're 13-15 years old) Splinter huffed his chest and pushed himself off his chair.

"Boys!"

Mikey raised his head when when Splinter called out. "You did well, how about we have some pizza? My treat, yes?" He grinned knowing this would lighten them up. Surprisingly, the boys only groaned in approval. Not denying the offer but not exactly as enthusiastic as they usually are. Splinter frowned.

Baron Draxum rolled his eyes "Is pizza honestly the only thing you know?"

Splinter gave him the stink eye "Oh yeah? What do you know about my sons, Mister oh-so-powerful-mutator!?"

Oh boy. Here we go again.

Mikey, not wanting things to escalate decided to step in "Hey, hey now! How's about that pizza, huh? Boy, patrolling all night long sure made us huuuuungry, dad!" It seemed to work for a bit when the two adults huffed away from each other.

Phew! Point one for Mikey!

Splinter took out his wallet, his eyes turned wide and started to sweat.

"You okay, pops?" Raph asked noticing his dad's face change. 

Splinter coughed "Y-Yes! Everything is all peachy!"

"Let me guess.." Donnie sighed "You're broke. Figures since you never really paid for pizza for like.... ever." He dragged the word 'ever'.

Mikey placed his hand on Splinter's shoulder "Dad, it's okay you don't have to-"

"Oh hush orange! I have money right here--" Splinter ruffles his clothes and pockets "--somewhere... maybe here? Oh wait I think I found it! No wait that's just a biscuit-"

Unbeknownst to Splinter, a marble fell out of his robes and rolled towards his youngest son's foot. Mikey picked it up, attracted at the swirling colors inside the marble. It was like it has a moving galaxy inside it!!!

"Woahhh~!!!" Mikey's eyes sparkled "It's sooooo pretty! Can I keep it, dad? Pretty pleeeaaaseeee?" Mikey swooped in to Splinter, fluttering his best puppy dog eyes. The rat blushed when he was what Mikey was holding.