2012!💜🐢||Enter: New Rival!

2012!DonniexMale!Reader

_________________

For the first time in forever, THE Donatello Hamato and Casey Jones found themselves on a truce. That's right. A truce. The rest of the turtle brothers thought it was odd that the two hormonal teens weren't bumping heads or fighting each other to get the red head's attention like usual. Instead they would somewhat greet each other with a silent nod before disappearing into the brainiac's lab. Donnie's brothers just shrugged it off. Maybe they're all chill now? But seeing as they were both still pinned on the goal for April's heart, that was most unlikely. But it was very weird to see the two rivals agreeing and teaming up with each other. The reason?

April has a crush.

The guy in question was a human boy, a new addition to their school. April had met him when they were partnered for a science project.

Donnie was delighted at first. He knew his sweet April would rely on him the most when it comes to these sort of things. It doesn't matter to him who partners up with April because she would end up coming back to him anyway, but instead this new guy was apparently intelligent and capable enough for the job, hence no opening for Donnie to step in.

"S-So April! I uh.. heard you got a science project coming in!" Donnie started "You know you could always come to me for help!" He coolly leaned against the table.

April blushed "A-Actually I already had someone to work with..."

Donnie's smile deflated "Oh really? That's uh... good? May I ask who you're working with? I mean I'm sure I can whip you up something better than a baking soda volcano..." He trailed off.

"We're not making a baking soda volcano, Donnie." April laughed it off "And (y/n) is actually really sweet! He planned to make a Fire Glass pit for our project and give away marshmallows so our class can have s'mores!" The girl swooned "Isn't he so considerate? And it's a great way to bond with our classmates! You guys are great but it's been so long since I hung out with other people!" She excitedly beamed.

His heart fell heavy. The terrapin did a fake laugh trying not to sound hurt by her last comment  "Yeah he sounds.. great.."

*ping!*

"Oh I just got his text! Gotta go, bye Don!" April hurriedly exited the lair without looking back.

"Bye.. April..."

Not only that, Casey had been having a hard time catching up to April as well. As soon as the bell rung, she would zoom towards her crush, then other girls--if not the soccer team, would surround them like a barrier!

"Hey Red! Wanna ha-"

"Not now Casey I gotta go!" April ran past Casey making a B line towards a crowd of the school's popular kids, squeezing herself in to get into the middle. Casey raised an eyebrow feeling a bit offended by how quickly he was ignored. But since when did April become a part of the popular club anyway? The boy found himself hopping on a random chair in the hall, standing on his tiptoes to get a look at what was going on.