ROT!🍀🐢||Headcanon!

This one is rather platonic I guess? It contains one of my biggest TMNT questions ever:

"If real life turtles can breathe through their butts, does that mean the guys can do it too?"

__________

💜🐢

-Donatello instantly hates you for this.

-Although he already knew they don't brumate and therefore have no need for that function (we've seen several Christmas episodes in TMNT and they seem okay so it's safe to assume they don't brumate) so he never thought about it.

-But the fact that you're here right now, bringing that up while he's doing his work broke the poor turtle.

-Seriously can't focus. He couldn't even blink without thinking about it. He has speculations because he is part human but he never ran any tests or experiments to be 100% sure.

-Of course his mind will not let him rest until he finds an answer.

-The very next day, you found Donnie and his robotic arms forcing a struggling Leo face first in a barrel full of water.

-"CAN YOU BREATHE??!!?"

-"BBEHGGLAOUEHAUYAAHAFH!!!!!"

💙🐢

-Leo would definitely choke.

-Maybe ask him that when he isn't trying to stuff fists full of popcorn inside his mouth? Or just don't ask that weird ass question in general. Like... ever??

-Would definitely tell you about how he will be choking you with a pillow in your sleep tonight too.

-Not that locking your door would help anyway.

-You two were just casually watching a new Jupiter Jim episode in the projector room, as usual.

-Things were cool. The two of you liked having the sofa all to yourselves and not being squeezed in by the others.

-But then you dropped that bomb.

-Leo froze mid swallow then started choking.

-You'd panic, grab him some water while gently rubbing his shell. (Don't smack someone's back when they're choking. It's bad.)

-When he was finally able to take deep breaths greedily, he turned his head to look at you. Highly disturbed.

-"Of all things you could have asked, it that to be that?"

-"It's just a shower thought, ya know?"

-"Well now you are forbidden from ever taking a shower!"

-"So.... can you?"

-"GOD NO!"

🧡🐢

-Mikey would whip this head at you at breakneck speed.

-Say what?

-Breathing through their butts?

-Mikey would drop the tray of freshly baked cookies with the most horrified look on his face.

-Dr. Slightly Disappointed is highly disappointed.

-Would totally run to Donnie for answers.

-Donnie would try his best to answer without traumatizing their baby brother.

-Donnie would give the both of you the 'Mutant Turtle Anatomy for Dummies 101' lecture.

-Mikey never look at himself or his brothers the same way again.

-Slightly curious but isn't curious enough to find out.

-He may have a PHD but he might even need his own therapist just for that traumatic mental image.

-Would replace all the chocolate in your chocolate chip cookies with raisins as revenge.

-He'd forgive you though.

-...Right....?

❤🐢

-Oh this poor sweet precious boy....

-What have you done?

-Raph would be training with a punching bag. They had nothing much to do that day anyway, so Raph decided to work out a little bit. Gotta take care of dem muscles boi!

-You were always impressed by Raph's strength. For real the guy is HUGE so you decided to watch for a bit. He didn't mind if you watched as long as you kept yourself at a safe distance.

-Raph also kind of liked to flex his strength so it's a win-win.

-It was going good so far when you suddenly asked that ridiculous question.

"Hey Raph?"

-"Yeah, (y/n)?"

-"If normal turtles can breathe through their butts, can you do that too?"

-He would stop dead in his tracks only to get smacked in the face by the punching bag.

-He gumbled at you when you started laughing at his dumb ass.

-Would ask you where on God's name did you hear that ridiculous question.

-You'd shrug and told him it was just a shower thought. Showers makes you think crazy stuffs!

-Raph would then ban you from ever thinking inside the shower.

-That didn't stop you from pestering him again.

-"Don't push it. Last warning."

-"There's no need to be shy! I mean you can totally challenge your bros on who can hold their breath under water the longest and you'd win for sure!"

-Raph was not impressed.

-Needless to say you were made to stand facing the corner in silence for 3 hours.