2012!💙🐢||Let Me Hear You

Leonardo Hamato have faced many enemies ever since he and his brother came up to the surface

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Leonardo Hamato have faced many enemies ever since he and his brother came up to the surface. He knew what they were risking when they decided to dedicate their lives to save others. He sacrificed blood, sweat and tears through every encounter and barely even survived a few in order to protect the ones he loved and even ones who didn't know of their existence.

It is a heavy responsibility to take but one he is proud of more than anything.

But right now, it would seem that he had finally came face to face with his greatest foe.

Puberty.

Aight, I know, I know! Soooo dramatic! And sure, getting taller without having to worry about acne is an advantage, yes but when puberty decide it was okay to make you sound like a goat choking on a corn with every sentence---its not gonna be a fun experience.

Thankfully the first time it happened was when he was reciting Splinter's teaching, as he usually does in his free time.

When his voice did that awkward high pitched squeak, he knew he was done for. Had his brothers heard him, they would not have mercy.

The thought of it sends shivers down his shell.

In order to counter his dilemma, Leo had gone a zippy spree where he would just stand aside, brooding silently to save face. Like one of those cool alpha dudes in movies that give off the silent commander vibes, when in reality he--- as Raphael quoted, 'Looks like a guy trying to hide a fart in the corner'.

If Leo had to speak, it would be short and quick.

Oddly enough, none of his brothers were having the same problem.

Which makes it even worse and totally not fair! Like seriously?! WHY only him???? They were definitely going to notice!!

Not only that, but Leo can see your saddened expression everytime he barely talks to you, instead of engaging in a conversation with you like usual.

It made him feel horrible, but didn't know what else to do but to avoid any discourse!

One day while he was heading for the kitchen, he overheard you talking to one of his brothers.

"I just don't know what I did wrong Mikey.." Leo leaned on the wall to listen in more.

"Hmmmmm..." Mikey thought hard "You think maybe he's replacing you?"

WHAT?!

He heard you sniff "What...?"

"He's been hanging around and sparring with dear ol' big sister lately. Heck he barely even talks to any of us!" It was Raph this time. "He thinks he's so high and mighty! What? Is he too good to talk to his own brothers and friend now?" Raph grunted.

"They do have a point? Leo often leaves the lair without telling anyone. You think he's going out to meet Karai?" Casey butted in.

Meanwhile Leo had his jaw dropped. He couldn't believe his own brothers were talking about him behind his back like this!

"I see." He heard shuffling " I'm uh... going to head home early. Still got homework to do." Oh god you sounded like a kicked puppy.

"Need me to walk you home, shorty?" Raph offered.

You shook your head "No its okay. Thanks but I want to be alone for a while though." Leo heard you walk out of the lair.

Leo was already biting his fingers, silently screaming profanities in his head. What the heck was that?! WHY are they saying those things to you?! None of those lies are true!!!!!

After a few moments, Leo ran like a mad man through the sewers in search of you.

"Ya'll think he heard us?"

"Oh he definitely did."

Karai poked her head pit from the dojo "You guys are fucking assholes."

Just as you were about to close the manhole, you were stopped by Leo's voice.

"(Y/n)! Please wait!" Leo jumped out of the sewers.

"L-Leo?!" Before you could ask whats going on, the leader in blue held your hands in his.

"Look I'm so sorry! I'm sorry that I *ehem* have been avoiding you! I promise I *hmckh* didn't mean to upset you!" He said.

You raised an eyebrow "Why are you talking like that? Are you okay?"

Leo cleared his throat again. "Yes I am! I just *rhmmg* have something in mind. I promise *cough* it's not what you think!"

All your previous sadness turned to concern "Man, you're acting weird. Is there something wrong with your throat? Should we get Donnie-"

"NOoO-" He slapped his hands on his mouth. Fuck.

You blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice.

"Leo? Is your voice going through puberty?" You placed your hands on your hips with that 'you ain't leaving 'till you answer' stare.

"I-I..." Leo looked down. There's no going back now. "Yeah..."

"And is that why you've been quiet lately? Why you've been avoiding to talk to me?" All the pieces were coming together.

"....yes.."

"DUDE!" Oh you how you wanna smack the mask off his face "We've known each other for years! Do you think I'll see you any less just because of your voice?" You couldn't believe the ridiculousness of this boy! Here you are thinking you did something wrong and this dumbass was just going through puberty!

Leo felt embarrassed at his childishness. A good leader is someone who communicates with others, and he just failed to do so.

"I'm sorry for not saying anything sooner (Y/n)." He cringed at the sudden pitch.

You didn't seem to mind. In fact, Leo could see your mood had gotten brighter than it was a minute ago.

That was enough to wipe away all of Leo's embarrassment.

You sighed and hugged your dumb turtle "Next time you feel troubled, just tell me, okay?"

Leo lightly laughed and returned your hug "I promise to come to you next time."

"Good!" You chirped then pulled him closer "Because if you do this again, I will tie you up---Shibari style and treat you like a piñata, do you understand me?" You whispered threateningly.

Leonardo gulped in cold sweat at the sudden menacing tone of your voice.

"O-Okay......."

"Good!"

"...y-you're not really gonna do that are you?"

"Don't test me, Mr. Voice McCrack!"