six

I slouched in the chair, crossing my arms and stared at the floor, deep in thought. Vice-Principal Patrick sat next to me and I knew he wanted to say something but he didn't know how to.

Good. I don't want to talk to anyone right now. The both of us had headed down to the police station the next morning. All I could think about was how she punched Nate, and the anger that was radiating through her veins.

"I've done this trip so many times throughout my career and never in my life have I seen something as stupid as this," Vice Principal Patrick said and I didn't look at him. I was scared that Casey would get kicked off the internship and sent home.

We heard the sound of the door opening and I looked up to see Casey with two police officers next to her. "The bail's already been paid. You can go now," The police said and I heaved a sigh of relief. I slowly walked towards Casey and noticed how dark her eyes were. They weren't bright and happy like they usually were and it scared me.

I wrapped my arms around her neck and closed my eyes as I felt her slowly hug me back. "Casey..." I whispered into her neck and she let go of me. "Did they do anything to you?" I asked and she shook her head no. "I'm fine Izzie..." She mumbled, looking at Vice Principal Patrick.

"If it were anyone else I would send them home immediately. But I know your potential so I'm giving you one more chance. But you're banned from leaving the hotel room unless it's for the internship," He said and she didn't react.

"Thank God your parents paid the bail. I don't just have a fat wad of cash laying around," He continued as we walked out of the station. We got a cab and headed to the hotel.

I looked over at Casey who was sitting next to me and never once did her numb and expressionless face disappear.

It was as if she was dead.

When the cab pulled over, we saw a crowd of students gathered at the lobby. "Hey, hey, hey! The bus leaves in an hour you guys need to have your breakfast. Go, now!" Patrick yelled and everyone slowly scattered but not before glancing at me and Casey.

I saw Quinn and Erika from the corner of my eye, looking both relieved and frightened out of their minds.

"Casey we gotta talk to them," I said, turning to look at her. "I need a shower," She simply said before leaving me. My lips quivered and I felt my knees get weak as I saw her walking away.

Why was she so mad when she saw me with Nate? Why did she care enough to punch him?

When I reached my room, I prepared myself for Erika to scream at me. I sighed and opened the door and saw her standing there. I couldn't read the expression on her face.

I slowly walked into the room, expecting her to throw something at me. Instead, she walked towards me and engulfed me in a hug. I closed my eyes and felt the tears start to roll down my cheeks. I had been holding all my feelings in.

"You're so dumb. Why would you just leave like that? The moment you texted that you were with Nate, I told Casey and she ran off looking for you," She said and tears blurred my vision.

"He... he touched me... without my consent... I feel so disgusting..." I choked. "He did what?" She muttered. I felt her anger seething. "Thank God Casey came in time... if not... I don't know what would have happened..."

"I swear if I see that motherfucker at the lecture tomorrow I'm going to make sure he doesn't see the next day," She said and I laughed between my cries. "And now Casey doesn't wanna talk to me. This is all making me feel crazy," I told her and she nodded.

"Maybe she's going through the same thing? It's hard for you guys to open up. At first she was just flirting but now her feelings are real and it's scary for her," Erika told me and I put my face in my hands, thinking about it.