twenty one

I stared at the huge F written on my paper and sighed in disappointment. Casey, Quinn and Erika had gone out for dinner after I told them I was too lazy to leave the room. Partly because I was upset about the horrible grade but also because I had to focus on studying the chapter again.

I looked through my mistakes and looked at the textbook, trying to figure out what the hell this chapter was about. I was so engrossed in the book that I didn't even notice Casey come through the door.

"Hi nerd," She said, catching my attention before she bent down to kiss me. We pulled away from each other before we both broke out into a smile. "Hi asshole," I replied.

"This is for you," She said, taking her hand out from behind her back to reveal a rose. I looked at her with both happiness and amusement. "I didn't know you were such a hopeless romantic," I said, taking the rose from her. "Apparently this is what girlfriends do. I got you your dinner as well," She said, holding up a bag.

"Ooo what did you guys eat?"

"Mexican."

She put the bag on the table and I knelt on the bed so that we were at eye level. "You know you're so perfect," I told her and she smirked before wrapping her arms around my waist and connecting our lips. I kissed back immediately and held onto the collar of her shirt. She bit down on my lip, surprising me a little, but I found myself enjoying it.

I felt her start to push me back on the bed so I painfully pulled away from her. "Not right now. I gotta study," I said and she pouted. "Study for what?"

"This thing," I groaned, sitting back down on the bed and she sat in front of me. "Molecular genetics? Wasn't this on the test?" She asked and I nodded. "Well yeah. I gotta study at least a little before tomorrow. Jarvis is tutoring me."

I returned to my test paper when Casey pulled it out of my hands. "Wait, wait, wait, Jarvis is tutoring you?" She asked, sounding both shocked and a little angry. "Well yeah. He kinda lectured me about the grade and then offered to tutor me every day after school. I could you use the help anyway," I explained.

"Everyday?!" She yelled and I looked at her in confusion. "What's wrong?"

"Well firstly that means I can't spend any time with you. But most importantly, Jarvis is a huge creep!" She said and I rolled my eyes. "Well yeah he's a dick but we'll still be in school. And it's only for an hour everyday. You have me to yourself the rest of the time," I reassured, putting my hand on her cheek but she still looked disturbed.

"It's just weird Iz. I don't know I just don't like the vibes from the guy. And how are you gonna get back to the hotel when everyone's already left on the bus?"

I looked at her sheepishly. "Uhm, he offered to drive me back."

Casey looked at me with her jaw dropped. "Ok that just confirmed my suspicion that he's a creep. You're definitely not going."

"Casey my grades are really bad, I need it," I pleaded. "I could tutor you. And it's just that one topic. You weren't going to school during that period. You don't need him to tutor you," She said, sounding more angry now.

"What are you so afraid of?"

"I'm afraid he'll do something to you Izzie!" She shouted, before leaving the bed and slamming the door to the bathroom.

I closed my eyes and sighed when I got a notification on my phone.

Unknown: Hi Izzie. It's Mr Jarvis. I'll see you right after class tomorrow.

"Hi Mr Jarvis. How did you get my number?"

Unknown: Admin has all the student's details. Read up the chapter before I see you tomorrow. Rest well