twenty eight

I never thought I would be having this life.

As the sea water washed over my skin, I clung onto her, planting kisses on her face ever so often. She held me close to her, rubbing her nose against mine as we moved with the waves.

"It's crazy coming back here huh?" She asked and I giggled. "Yeah, that churro place is still around," I told her. "If that stewardess is still working there we can go pay her a visit. Now that you're ACTUALLY my wife."

I sighed before pressing my lips against hers again. "Still can't believe we're married. It feels like such a dream..." I mumbled against her lips.

"Never imagine I would be the one to marry senior general surgeon, Dr Izzie Gardner," She said and I blushed.

"Never imagined I would be the one to marry Olympic gold medalist Casey Gardner."

We continued to stare into each others' eyes and never stopped kissing till the sun started to come down.

When we returned to the beach, we showered and dried ourselves off before we took a walk together down the shore.

I still can't believe this girl is mine.

Coming back to Sydney for our honeymoon was super nostalgic. We passed by places we spent our time at when we were teenagers on the internship. The churro place was renovated, the park was now more crowded and the streets were more lively than I had imagined.

But the one thing that didn't change was the hotel. The place I spent majority of my time with her at. Where we had our first kiss, our break up, our first time...

I had already started creating a life with her back then behind these walls.

Casey, being the hopeless romantic she is, booked a suite at the same hotel. With the same jacuzzi and the same balcony.

I remember the day Casey returned home and I waited for her at the airport. A huge crowd had gathered to celebrate her gold medal victory. But I was the only person she ran to when she arrived. When I hugged her, I knew I was safe. I knew we would finally have each other forever. I knew I was going to marry this girl.

We didn't have an extravagant wedding. With all the money she got from her win, and the salary I make at the hospital, we could afford a grand gesture. But I wanted something small and simple, and thankfully, so did Casey. We invited close family- Elsa, Sam, my dad, and even Erika and Quinn had flown down for the wedding. The two of them were due to get married in 2 months time.

Friends Casey had made during her time away also managed to make it for the wedding and of course, Evan and Zahid. I loved every second of our wedding. It was amazing talking to Casey's friends and being able to hear everything they got up to during their time away. Evan and Zahid of course embarrassed me with all the stories about how confused I was when I first started off at the hospital.

But nothing was more amazing than walking down the aisle and meeting her at the alter. Because at that moment, it was only the two of us in the world. Casey teared up watching me walk down the aisle with my dad next to me and once I reached the front and stood in front of her, I realised that I was truly the luckiest woman on earth.

After our vows and our "I do's" Casey Gardner was finally mine. This was all I've dreamt off since I spilled a drink on her at a party.

I danced with my dad at the wedding and it was the first time I saw him this happy. "I'm so happy for you kid. You two really deserve each other," He said and I smiled before resting my head on his chest as we both swayed to the music.

After a moving ceremony, Casey and I finally returned back to our house. Before we could enter, she picked me up bridal style. "Casey! Put me down!" I giggled and she continued to smile at me. "This is the same way I carried you around Sydney after our first kiss," She whispered and I felt my heart melt.

She brought me to the front door and kicked it open, scaring our dog a little when he started barking.

"Sorry buddy," Casey apologised before putting me down on our kitchen counter.

"Hi," She whispered and I bit my lip.

"Hi..."

She put her lips on mine and placed her hands gently on my hips. We both knew what we wanted right now.

The sound of our dog barking broke us out of our euphoric trance. "Come on man, can't you see I'm trying to get laid here," She said to our dog and I giggled. "Shall we maybe take this upstairs?" I asked, sheepishly and she smirked before picking me up once again.

The next few days, we planned our honeymoon. It was clear that we both wanted to go back to Sydney.

And now here we were, walking down the corridors of the hotel to our room.

Before I could unlock the door, I felt her gently pull me towards her and turn me around. "You know you're so gorgeous. Ever since I saw you for the first time, you've always been the most gorgeous girl in the world."

"Don't start going soft on me Casey Gardner," I teased and she smirked. "You could say the same about me..." She whispered and I smiled. "You are gorgeous. No words to describe it," I said, wrapping my arms around her neck.

"Hey, are these walls soundproof?" I asked and she looked at me with confusion before shrugging. "Well, you better hope they are..." I whispered, pulling her by the collar as I kicked the door open.

Her eyes widened in excitement as I continued to look at her with lust.

I pushed her on the bed and got on top of her. We were more than ready to give each other the most exhilarating moment of our lives.

"Izzie..." She suddenly said and I raised my eyebrow at her. "Let's have a family..." She said and I giggled. "You want a family huh? How many kids?" I asked. She thought about it for a while.

"I don't actually like kids," She said and I burst out laughing. "I promise I'll like ours tho," She continued and I bit my lip. "You're gonna spoil the shit out of them aren't you?" I asked, resting my face on her chest.

I suddenly didn't have the desire to have sex anymore. Just talking about our future was enough for me right now.

"Yeah I will... I think we'll make great parents," She said, looking down at me. "Now that I know how to love someone..." She whispered and I looked up. I brought her down to kiss her again.

"We made it baby..." I mumbled against her lips.

We smiled at each other, but this time, with a touch of relief.

Because we were finally happy.

"Don't start going soft on me Izzie Gardner," She imitated and I giggled.

"I love you," I said, fighting the tears that were forming in my eyes.

"I love you too."

So that's how my story goes. That was my life. Falling in love with Casey Gardner every single day.

And here I am now, waking up every morning next to her and raising our family together.

I travelled nine thousand miles to Sydney many years ago and found the one I've been looking for my whole life.

And I would definitely do it all over again.

THE END 

A/N thank you for all the support on this book! appreciate each and every one of you so much <3