twenty five

I talked to my dad that night.

He hurled curses and insults at Jarvis, I heard him pace around the room and I swear I heard him nearly cry.

First thing he did wad to call Mr Patrick and give him a piece of his mind about sending Casey home. It seemed to work because Patrick gave her a second change

Then, he got a plane ticket and took the next flight to Sydney.

Casey believed that having my dad here would be good for me, and bad for Jarvis.

My dad was due to reach the hotel in about 3 hours and right now, we were on the way to class. Thankfully, Jarvis wasn't on the schedule today. But, we were getting our test results, project grades and basically all our records. We had about 2 months left on the internship and it's really been a crazy chain of events. Falling in love with Casey definitely was the best part though. Sydney had taken a huge part of my heart but I missed home. And I couldn't wait to return home as Casey Gardner's girlfriend. She's the best thing in my life.

And right now, Casey, Quinn, Erika and I were at the cafeteria. We had half an hour before the release of the results. "How does this work again? Erika asked. "You just gotta pass more than 50% of the components. And from how we're doing I'm pretty sure we'll graduate from the internship," Casey explained.

"When's Mr Taylor arriving?" Quinn asked me. "In 3 hours. God, I'm so scared."

"Don't be. We're just adding more people to your support system," Casey said. I was happy my dad was coming but his presence here was just going to make everything seem more real and that was scary. To him, I was his perfect little girl and I didn't know how to be vulnerable with him.

When we walked to the hall, many students were already gathered there, chatting nervously. We found our seats somewhere near the back. When the professor came in, he started with a boring speech about working hard or something like that and then congratulated us on our efforts during the last few months.

"I'm so proud of you. You're so strong," Casey whispered into my ear before kissing my cheek. I smiled and looked at her before taking her hand into my own. "Alright, when I call your name, please come down and receive your result slips."

Casey, Erika and Quinn got called first. They returned to their seats with beaming smiles. "How did you do?" I asked Casey and she showed me her results. A huge, proud smile broke out on my face when I saw the number of As. "You're such a nerd," I said. "Only I'm allowed to call you that," She replied before connecting our lips.

Right when I was about to deepen it, I heard my name get called.

"Izzie Taylor!"

I got up and walked down to the front to collect my results. When I walked up the stairs, I saw Casey, Erika and Quinn looking at me excitedly. I opened my results on the stairs.

My eyes scanned through my results and my face immediately dropped.

A's for everything except... Jarvis's class. Which takes 70% of the component. I looked at the huge "OVERALL: FAIL" written under the slip. I slowly looked up to see the three of them looking at me, worried.

"Izzie you okay?" Quinn asked. "Um no... I... I failed..."

"What?" Casey asked, dumbfounded and took my slip. The three of them looked at it together. "Wait... no that's not possible. You only failed one of Jarvis's tests. You're supposed to get at least a B for his class," Casey said and I didn't reply.

"Oh God I'm gonna murder this fucker," Erika mumbled, snatching the slip.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll get it fixed," Casey told me, rubbing my hand. I couldn't control myself anymore as my lips began to quiver. A tear and then two started to roll down my cheeks. Her arm immediately wrapped around me as I moved closer into her. "What's the point Casey? He has so much power over me," I mumbled.