fifteen

A/N short chapter because the second dose is killing me and i got school tomorrow

When I woke up, it took me a while to adjust to my surroundings. It was dark and cold and I was in a completely different hotel room.

That was when I heard the light snoring from next to me and I flipped around to see the love of my life fast asleep next to me. I checked the time on my phone to see that it was 3am. I decided it was probably best that I head back to my room, just in case Patrick saw me come out of Casey's room in the morning. That would for sure be the last straw for him.

I allowed myself some time to look at Casey while she slept. And then I thought back to the night before. She was so open and vulnerable and it was scary. Not that I didn't want her to open up to me. I'm scared that I won't be able to give her what she deserves. Knowing how she was so against relationships and committing her time to someone, gave me immense pressure. I didn't wanna mess this up.

I broke out of my thoughts when she started to shift, turning to the other side. I slowly got off the bed and grabbed my phone and jacket before I managed to quietly sneak back to the room. When I got there, I saw a light coming from under Erika's bed. I rolled my eyes before yanking the blanket off, making her let out a scream. "What the hell!" She yelled. "It's 3am and you're still using your phone?" I asked.

"You're the one coming back from your girlfriend's room at this hour," She said, turning her back towards me. I pushed her over to make space for myself before getting into the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Texting Quinn."

I shrugged before laying my head on her shoulder. She didn't react and kept her eyes on the screen so I picked up my phone to go on social media. I wasn't going to get any sleep any time soon.

I scrolled through Instagram, tapping the screen quickly to skip through peoples' stories. I suddenly saw a picture of Casey on someone's story and I went back to it. Some girl, who I'm assuming is on the track team, posted a picture of Casey at training. The story had balloon and 'happy birthday' stickers all over them. When I went to the next story, I saw another picture of Casey, along with a happy birthday wish.

"Dude! It's Casey's birthday?" I asked, sitting up and Erika whipped her head around. "How do you know?" She asked and I showed her my phone. "Looks like it. Let me ask Quinn."

I went over to Penelope's account, sure to find a post for Casey there. As expected, she had a post on her feed dedicated solely to Casey with a long message in the caption. "Yup. Quinn said it's her birthday," Erika confirmed and my eyes widened in shock. "So what are you gonna do?" Erika asked and I groaned. "I'm like the worst girlfriend ever. I didn't even know it was her birthday," I mumbled.

"We could do a surprise party. I'll get Quinn to bring her out for the day and we can have it here in our room. Just the kids on the trip, a couple of drinks, the jacuzzi. I'm sure Patrick will let her off this one time," Erika suggested. "That's actually a great idea. Yeah, let's do that!"

Erika whipped out her phone to tell Quinn about the plan. I was about to send a mass text to everyone when I got a text from my girlfriend.

Casey<3: You think I wouldn't notice that you ran away from me in the middle of the night?

I smiled before typing out my reply.

"You think I wouldn't notice that you didn't tell me it was your birthday today?"

Casey<3: Oh...

"Yeah..."

Casey<3: So can you come back here and give me my birthday present?