eleven

My heart was beating a million times a minute as I pushed open the doors of the hotel lobby. I was immediately greeted with the a cold gush of wind as I struggled to keep my jacket closed around me. I saw Casey standing at the side with a smile and my nerves calmed down a little.

She came towards me and stuck her arm out, and I gladly intertwined our arms as we started to walk.

We didn't say a word to each other but kept close, savouring the touch of the other person. Casey and I eventually ended up at a park and we decided to finally sit down and hopefully, talk about whatever she needed to talk about.

"Thanks for abandoning me just now," I said and she looked at me apologetically. "Sorry about that I just... I got a call from my mum," She mumbled and I looked at her with concern, wondering if there was an issue back at home. "Is everything alright?"

I noticed her smile was now replaced with a frown and it was obvious that there was something on her mind that was bothering her. She refused to look at me and kept her head down.

My heart ached seeing her in this state and I reached my hand out to cup her chin, leading her to connect her eyes with mine. "You can talk to me about it if you want," I said softly and she cracked a tiny smile. "Yeah I know I just... I've never really opened up to anyone about this before."

I nodded and moved my hand to her cheek as I moved closer to her. "You don't have to tell me of course but-"

"No, I want to tell you."

"Alright. Whenever you're ready."

She took a deep breath before looking away from me and straight ahead.

"My mum told me that Sam's been having some trouble at school. Getting bullied and... skipping class... I mean it's happened before but I was at home all those times. Now I'm halfway across the world."

"Did she tell you why this has been happening?"

"No, but it happens a lot so I think I know the reason but I don't know I just feel... really restricted right now because we aren't in the same country. I always know what to do to help him but now I just... I don't... sorry if that doesn't make sense."

I smiled sadly at her. "It does make sense. But you don't have to feel guilty about it."

"I know that. Even though he's my older brother sometimes it feels like I'm the older one. Like I'm constantly looking out for him. And yeah I've been calling him and texting him all the time and he replies but it can't make up for the lack of actual physical presence. I'm sorry I know I'm rambling."

"Stop apologising. And no, you're not rambling. I know it's really scary but you have to trust your parents and know that they're there for him. They may not understand him as well as you but they're providing him with all the support they can. And thank you for sharing your problems with me."

"Yeah coming to that um, I'm sorry for leaving the room so quick. My mum's phone call just gave me so much stress and I wanted to be alone. Then I realised how unfair I was being to you."

I opened my mouth to speak but she cut me off.

"No, I know you're gonna say that it's okay but it's really not. Izzie look I just..."

Her face was full of fear and anxiety and I was worried about what she would say next.

"What is this?" She asked.

Fuck.

What is happening.

"What is what?" I asked in confusion.

"Like this. Like us."

Fuck.

"It's like... I've never loved anyone like that. And then you just... you came into my life. And I don't how the fuck but it happened. And I fell in love. And now I'm vulnerable and trying to hide things from you and pushing you away and ghosting you out of the blue and it's like... it's so unfair. And I can't ever be perfect for you because-"

I kissed her. Mainly because I needed her to shut up before she spiralled out of control and continued to talk bad about herself. Also I just really wanted to kiss her.

She sighed into the kiss and cupped my face between her hands. When we pulled away, I continued to bury my face in the crook of her neck, hiding the insane blush that had formed on my face. "You know it's rude to interrupt someone when they're talking," She said into my ear. "It's fine to interrupt them if everything they're saying isn't true," I mumbled.

She pulled away from me so that we were facing each other again and I looked at her more seriously this time.

"It's normal to feel vulnerable. You're a human. If you didn't feel vulnerable at least once in your lifetime then you're probably a robot," I said. "I think I'd make a really sexy robot," She replied and I rolled my eyes.

"The point is... no relationship is perfect. We're definitely not perfect. And that's exactly what I want. Just like how I love your little smirk and your cocky smile and your confidence and the way you care so much about people... I love every single flaw as well. So don't even try hiding it from me," I whispered and I saw her nervously bite her lip.

"My mum left me when I was super young."

Holy shit. I've never talked about that so openly with anyone before.

Casey looked back up at me immediately in a state of shock but she didn't say anything yet. "I don't know why she did but... obviously it sucks having to grow up without a mum..."

She nodded slowly and took my hands into hers. The comfort I got from her slightest touch encouraged me to keep going. "My dad's been super overprotective over me since young. He's really my favourite person and we are so, so close."

Casey smiled immediately at that.

"So it was hard having to leave him too to come on this trip. Obviously it's nothing compared to you having to leave Sam but... seeing all those kids at Clayton with their happy families and their mums at those school events it just... reminds me..."

"I'm really sorry Iz," She whispered, placing her hand on my cheek and I smiled tenderly at her. "So do you love me any less?" I asked and her eyes widened. "Are you crazy? Of course not."

"Then why be afraid to open up to me? I'm not gonna see you any less," I said and she chuckled. I climbed onto her lap and took my time to admire her face while she put her arm around my waist.

"We should go soon," I mumbled, realising how late it was and we had to be up early tomorrow. Casey shook her head no. "Don't you still have a headache? Maybe we should skip tomorrow too," She said and I laughed.

"Well... I don't know if Quinn told you but Erika kissed her," I said and Casey gasped. "I had the same reaction. Anyways I'm thinking we leave the hotel room to them tomorrow night and you and I can go on a date at that time," I said, pecking her on the lips.

"Ooo a date huh? Where you bringing me Izzie Taylor?"

"We can do churro night again. But your stewardess girlfriend will be there."

"Oh yeah wouldn't wanna get food poisoning," Casey joked and I giggled.

"Okay, okay. We go to the university tomorrow and then we leave the room empty for Quinn and Erika and then you will bring me on a date. Sounds like a plan Izzie Taylor," Casey said.

We continued our kiss for what felt like hours.

On a park bench in Australia. With Casey Gardner.

A/N short chapter again but i wanna write their date in another chapter instead!!