thirteen

It was safe to say that it was the best week of my life. After meeting Casey's family and having a glimpse of what her life was like back at home, I saw our relationship start to get even stronger. She was starting to get more comfortable opening up to me and soon, it was hard for us to spend even a second away from each other.

Erika and Quinn were spending more time together as well, constantly leaving the room whenever they had the chance to to hang out and explore the city, leaving me and Casey with plenty of time for ourselves in the rooms. We tried our best to not leave the hotel as much as possible, considering the fact that Patrick was always walking around to do spot checks.

"We're supposed to write a conclusion about the experiment we did yesterday," I said, not looking up from my laptop. "What experiment did we do again?" Casey asked from the bed. "That's the thing. I was going to ask Erika for her results but that asshole isn't replying me," I groaned. "That's the universe telling you that you should close that laptop and come back to bed," Casey said.

"Yeah and then we'll get kicked off this internship," I shot back and she rolled her eyes. "One assignment isn't going to kill us..." She mumbled. "You know I'd really appreciate it if you could get off your ass and maybe help me?" I said, my voice louder than I had intended. I felt her face soften and I instantly regretted it.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to yell at you..." I whispered, turning back to my laptop. Eventually, I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. I smiled immediately at her touch as she kissed my neck. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm just stressed. I feel like I can't cope with any of this. I got perfect grades back at Clayton but here... everyone's smart," I explained, leaning back into her chest. "Well you've been at it for 2 hours. Maybe you need a break," Casey suggested and I shook my head no. "We gotta get this in by tomorrow morning. And it's already 7pm."

"Izzie, you're seriously not gonna get anything done when you're stressed like that. Trust me," She said sternly and I sighed. I wrapped my arms around her neck and she knelt down so that she was meeting my eyes.

I followed her to the bed before crashing on it, much to Casey's amusement. "When I told you to take a break I didn't mean take up the whole bed!" She exclaimed, jumping in with me. I moved closer to her and rested my head on her chest, my leg across her body. She ran her fingers through my hair as we both stared at the ceiling. "Other than the stress from the internship this week has been so good," I whispered into her ear and I saw her blush.

"I really wanna get into that jacuzzi with you right now," She muttered, kissing my neck. "I mean... we do have the room to ourselves tonight... I know Erika and Quinn are sleeping in your room," I told her, slightly out of breath from the pressure of Casey's lips on my neck.

Suddenly, my phone started to ring and Casey moved away from me in shock. I looked at the screen to see that my dad was calling to FaceTime. "Shit it's my dad!" I exclaimed, scrambling away from Casey and proceeding to sit on the couch. Casey looked at me nervously as I picked up the phone.

"Hey dad!" I said when I saw his face. "Hey kid, I'm just getting ready for bed and wanted to check in on how you're doing."

"Oh I'm doing good. Yeah there's a lot of work I gotta catch up on."

"How's that girlfriend of yours?"

My eyes shot up and I saw Casey's fear-filled face.

"She's good. Yeah she's really good."

"She's there with you now isn't she?"

Casey plopped face first into the pillow as I started to panic even more.