Chapter 1

I quietly enter my house. I looked on my flip phone to see that it's 1:30 in the morning.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath.

I slowly crept up the stairs to my room as quiet as possible. I heard a creek and cursed myself out in my head.

Every since my mother passing my sophomore year of highschool, I had to do everything for myself. I had to cook, clean and manager to keep my grades up in school. At the time, I attended Grovetown High School in Grovetown, Georgia.

My mother was one of the sweetest lady ever. For my liking, my mother was too sweet. She was so beautiful and had such a kind heart. Even though she went through a time, she still kept a smile on her face. I remember the incident on how my mother pass as if it happened yesterday.

My mom and I walked down the streets of Lincoln Street. It was exactly 11:53 p.m.

We went inside the corner store and I went down the aisle for Whisper Ultra Clean.

I told my mom I was fine walking to the store myself because that's all I needed. She insist that she came.

After paying "$8.52" for the item, I grabbed the bag and walked out the store with my mother. In order to get to my house, we have to walk through this dark street. People lived there but the street lights were never on.

I saw my mother tighten her jacket through the corner of my eye as we walked down the street. Just before we was about to turn the street, I heard a loud gasp.

I turn around to see my mother held at gun point. She looked so sad and confused. I was in so much shock that I barely could've hear that the masked man said.

"So, you're Harold's beautiful wife? It's so sad that this beautiful face is about to be blown off. All your husband had to do is keep it strictly business but instead, he shot my innocent, pregnant wife."

"Si-r, please don't kill me in-infront of my daughter, please." My mother stumbled with her words, pleading the man not to kill her.

"I'm going to give your daughter 30 seconds to run home. If she don't, she will witness a murder. Her mothers murder at that." The mysterious man said with no emotion in his voice.

"Please-Please don't kill my mommy. I love her so much. Plesase don't kill her, I'm sorry. Please." I begged the man. I knew if I tried to attack him, he would've shot my mother. Me begging can change his mind...atleast I thought.

"Sarah, baby, I love you. I want you to run home and tell your father what happened. If it's my time, it's my time. I will definitely be watching over you, princess." She let a small smile on her lips as I felt tears in my eyes.

I'm not a little girl, I'm 15 years old and I'm witnessing my mother getting murdered.

"But-," Before I could finish my sentence, my mother interrupt me.

"But nothing, Sarah go!" My mother yell but I could've hear the hurt in her voice.

I gave my mom a kiss on her cheek and she did the game. I ran down the street as fast as I could. I thought I could've tell my father what happen before he shots my innocent mother.

As soon as I hit my yard a heard a loud sound I wish I never heard.

POW

I was snapped out of my thoughts to somebody clearing their throat. I look up to see my father at the top of the staircase.

"Sarah, where have you been?," I heard the anger in his voice but he seem so calm.