Chapter 11

Sarah

It's been 2 weeks since I spoke with Derrick. His friend, Sean, checked on me from time to time but other than that, I haven't heard from him.

I'm now at the hospital though.

My stomach has been cramping since yesterday so I decided to come here.

The doctor said he's going to keep me for a little while. It wasn't nothing but I haven't been taking my vitamins.

I was in my room alone because Vicky went to get my something from Taco Bell.

I heard a knock at my door and looked up.

"Come in!" I yelled. I had my head in my lap because I know Vicky wanted to play.

I had footsteps getting closer so I looked up.

Sean and Derrick

What were they doing here?

I then saw Vicky coming in with a bag and two drinks.

"What are y'all doing here? Who told y'all I was in here?" I asked while looking at them.

Derrick and Sean both looked at Vicky and she had a guilty smile on her face.

"I was in Taco Bell and I saw Sean. He asked me what I was doing on this side of town and I told him you were up here. He told Derrick and they followed me here," Vicky said while putting the bags down.

"You aight'?" Derrick asked me. I nodded my head and Sean let out a cough.

"I'm 'bout to go to the bathroom for a min," Sean said while walking out the room.

"Me too!" Vicky said and closed the room door.

It was now Derrick and I in here alone.

Derrick

It was just us in here alone. I realize that this baby is probably mine.

I just need some closure because I don't remember what happened.

"So, what's the real reason you're here?" She asked me.

"I just want to know what happened the night this happened." I sighed and leaned back in the chair.

"We had sex," She said. "You the first person I was willing to give my body too and you got me pregnant."

"How do I know if your not lying?"

"Because you're the only person who I was fucking!" She yelled.

"But you gave it up the first night I met you." I didn't want to sound harsh but it's the truth. She could be a well known hoe and I wouldn't even know it.

"Fuck you. Get out my room. If you came here to deny my baby, then leave. Stay the fuck away from me!" She turn her back to me.

I closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh.

It's a fifty-fifty chance that's my baby. I'm not about to continue to deny him or her. When the baby is born, I'll get a DNA test but for now, I'm a pre-father.

"What you want me to do?" I asked her.

"Just be here for our baby. Stop denying out child. Come to the appointments and that's it," She said.

I nodded my head but realize she wasn't looking my way, "Aight,"

I was about to leave but realize I had a question. "When is the next appointment?" I asked her.