Chapter 22

Derrick

I sat down in the hospital chair for the third night. Sarah still hasn't woke up and it's starting to scare me.

Being that Sean's daughter doesn't have a mother makes me think Sarah and I daughter doesn't.

I regret denying my beautiful princess. She's such an angel. She's so small and pale but as soft as ever.

I even cut the cord and signed the birth certificate. I don't feel like I have the authority to name her so I'll wait for Sarah to wake up to do it.

The name Miracle sounds perfect for our daughter but I'll discuss that with Sarah once she's woke.

It breaks my heart to see my daughter living off multiple tubes. If only I was there for Sarah, I knew she wouldn't trip down the steps.

I stared at my daughter in the clear box she's in. She's such a strong baby.

I feel honestly weak every since my daughter was born.

I looked up to my right when I heard the door open. Vicky and Sean walked in the room with a pink bag and six big balloons.

Sean had a case of flowers with a card attached. Handy walked in behind them with a medium sized white bear.

They always running out.

This is their first time coming up here since my daughter been born.

"Look at my baby." Vicky cried out. She walked over to the clear crib-like thing and put her finger in.

Handy walked over there was well as Sean came my way.

"She's beautiful man. You can't deny her." He stated with sincere in his eyes.

I nodded my head and looked over at Sarah. I saw her lashes blink slowly but her eyes never opened.

I held up my hand to Sean and walked over to Sarah. Her eyes slowly opened and she looked around.

She looked from me to Sean to Vicky to Handy. She looked down and started to cough but I understood her words clearly.

"Where's my stomach? WHERES MY BABY?" She tried to get up out the bed. Vicky head shot our direction.

"Go get the doctor Sean and tell them she's up." I told him without looking at him. Vicky walked over to the bed and held Sarah's hand.

"Calm down mama's. She's fine." Vicky said. Sarah shook her head and pointed to her mouth. I grabbed the water that was sitting on the counter and let her drink some.

She breathed in softly and started to speak. "Rain. Where's that bitch? Where the fuc-" Sarah stopped talking when the door opened. Sean and Sarah's doctor came in.

The doctor came in smiling. "Good morning, sunshine." The doctor joked.

I looked at Sarah and she had a fake smile on her face.

"I'm just going to check your temperature and update you." The doctor said while writing on the clipboard.

She checked Sarah temperature and made sure everything else was okay.

She wrote something on her clipboard and say it on the table. "Okay, Ms. Harris, let me tell you what's going on."

"About three days ago, on September 13th 2015 around 2:15 you went into labor."

Sarah eyes started to water and Vicky rubbed Sarah's arm in confront.

"Did my baby die?" She asked with a crackled voice.

The doctor shook her head fast. "No ma'am. Your daughter is right there." She pointed behind her and Sarah looked as if a big brick was lifted off her shoulder.

"Thank you Jesus." She mumbled.

"However, we are going to keep her until she gains all her weight and able to breathe on her own. You can go home in two days and come up here whenever you want." The doctor stated while grabbing the clipboard.

She grabbed a yellow looking paper and a pen.

"We haven't give your daughter a name yet because the father said he would like your okay first. He did cut the cord. He is just a strong as his daughter." The doctor stated while looking at me.

Sarah looked up at me with a small smile that plastered her face.

"Can you give me a minute to come up with her name?" Sarah asked the doctor. The doctor nodded and walked out the room.

"What the rat face bitch did?" Vicky asked as soon as the doctor left the room.

Sarah laughed. I guess she laughed at how serious Vicky's face was.

"I was coming downstairs the same time as her. She ran past me and I end up tripping over my own foot and falling. I don't remember anything from there." Sarah said while looking down.

Vicky looked at Sean. "Sean, where the fuck is your gun? I'm killing that bitch. She's the reason why my god child has to suffer."

I shook my head and looked at Sean. He gave me that look.

It's time for that bitch to go look.

I nodded my head to Sean and looked down at Sarah.

"I'll handle things shorty. Don't worry about Rain." I told her honestly.

Rain and Sarah's beef didn't have anything to do with me but when my child is involve is when I'm involved.

"Sean, let speak with you outside for a second." I walked out the room with Sean on my tail.

Sean closed the door and looked at me, waiting for me to speak.

"First thing first, I need you to get Rain out my house. I need you to take my card and go buy a nice condo for Sarah. Design it up and shit. You, Handy and Vicky got two days to get it done. I also need an update on Harold and his moves. This all happening so fast." I told him. His face looked like he was talking to a ghost.

I would let Sarah stay with me but I don't think that's a good idea.

"Tell my mom's to come up here tomorrow so she can keep Sarah occupied. Get her a nice little car. Maybe a 2014 Lexus or Benz. Just do it." Sean nodded his head and slap his hand with mine.

"Thanks for growing up man." Sean said before walking in the room.

I hope I'm not giving anybody the wrong picture. I'm here for my daughter, not Sarah. No disrespect but when I say I don't love Sarah, I honestly don't.

I walked back into the room and heard the discussion they was talking about.

"How about naming her Rose?" Vicky suggested. Sarah twisted up her face and shook her head.

"Nah," She said while on the iPad.

"What about Sariah?" She asked. I shook my head and spoke up.

"Sounds too close to Sarah." I stated.

"Kailyn, Chyna, Bunny..let's name her Bunny." Handy said with a laugh. I shook my head at him and chuckled some.

"Maddison." Sean said.

"Sounds too white." Vicky stated while frowning her face up.

"Peyton Denae Langston." I suggested. They all looked at me before nodding.

"I like it." They all said. Sarah nodded and agreed.

Peyton Denae Langston.

Vote and Comment!