Chapter 2

Sarah

If it's not one thing, it's another.

Of course I'll bump into Derrick and witness him laughing at me, in my face. Derrick is either 21 or 22. I'm 18.

Derrick is the definition of a whore. I don't understand why these girls just open their legs up to him. He had to sleep with every girl and they mama in Georgia.

Everytime I walk past a group of boys, I hear them calling a female a hoe.

If you slept with her, then you are a hoe too.

"$69.72," the man said to me at the cash register

I paid for the groceries and headed back home. Being only 18, I had to live my life as a 43 year old struggling mom. The worst part about it, I couldn't even go to college. I was number 97 out of 279 people in my class. My GPA was a 2.8 when I graduated and in order for me to go to college, I had to pay money I did not have.

I unlocked the door and walked inside. I put the groceries on the table and sit on the couch in the living room. Upstairs, I could've hear moaning.

I knew it was my nasty father and some bitch. I pulled out my flip phone and decided to call one of the two of my only bestfriends. I dialed her phone and she answered on the first ring.

"Hello," She sounded sleepy.

"Hey Rain. Wassup?" She let out a loud yarn and sounded like she sat up.

"Girl, I'm going to the mall today and you going with me," It sounded like she was smirking on the other end. Rain is a wealthy girl. Her mom and dad are both rich. She always kept the new stuff. She tried to buy me things here and there but I never accept them. I love Rain dearly, but I don't trust nobody.

"Rain, I'm no-," before I could finish my sentence, she interrupted me.

"Rain my ass. I'll pick you up at 3, party at 8." I didn't have time to reply. She already hung up.

I closed my phone down and put it in my pocket. After putting it in my pocket, it vibrated. I never text anybody but Rain and my other friend, Vicky, so I'm not understanding why I got a texted.

I opened the message.

"From: 98870

Free Msg: Your phone is scheduled to be disconnected. Avoid a service interruption by calling *3 today to make a payment or buy a card."

I checked the time and forgot my minutes aren't free until after 9. I sighed and closes my eyes.

-

I woke up to banging on the door. I rubbed my eyes and look out the door hole. Rain.

I opened the door and she had a look to tell.

"Bitch, if you thought I was leavin', you thought wrong. I was banging for 13 minutes and 27 seconds," Rain kept going on and on about how she was knocking on my door.

I groaned and walk outside the house.

"So it's this party and Sarah and Rain is going to and there's no if, ands or buts about it." She talked in third person.

"You know I don't do parties," I mumbled.

"Well you don't do them. You go to them and you are going go. So when we get to the mall, shop till you drop bitch." She had a smirk on her face as we pulled out my driveway in her white on black Mercedes Benz.

-

Rain and I was in the mall for atleast 2 hours now. She forced me to pick out clothes so she can pay for them. She literally threatened me if I didn't get clothes, she would've leave me here to walk home.

I simply picked out a pair of pants and a half cut shirt. She brought me some Jordan's that I didn't need. I could've easily use a toothbrush and dish water to wash my Reekboks.

"Okay I want you to go home, get dressed and I'll be outside by the time you get done." Rain talked me out my thoughts.

"I have a bad feeling about this," I said trying to make any excuse to get her to not let me go.

"ZAP. Hush. Go."

I got out the car with the bags and walked inside of my house. I smelt food as soon as I walked in.

He don't ever cook. I mumbled to myself.

I walked into the kitchen to see a lightskinned women cooking. I looked to my right and saw the chicken I brought with the money I made in the fryer.

"Excuse me. Who are you and why are you cooking in my kitchen?" I dropped my bags and had my hands on my hips.

She turned around and smiled showing me her gap teeth. One was a gold tooth but it looks like then all were gold.

"You must be Sarah. Your father told me about you. I thought you was moving out?" She asked in confusion.

"What?" I was so confused. "Excuse me for a second."

I stormed to Harold's room. Who was he? I bust inside the room to see him in the bed watching TV.

"Who the fuck are you? You don't have a job. I pay the bills around here and put food in this house. You have no right to have no bitch in here cooking my foo-" I stopped and ran to the bathroom. I end up throwing up all the food from lastnight. I wiped my mouth and the little tears.

Vote and Comment!