Chapter 21

Sarah

2 months later (September 2015)

I got up and took me a shower. It's been two months of hell but I'm making it through. I'm now six months pregnant.

Everyday Vicky comes over every since that little incident between Rain and I. Derrick has changed a lot since that day he told me sorry. I still remember his apology as if it just happened.

"I'm sorry," Derrick said.

"Why are you sorry Derrick?" I asked him with no emotion.

"For all this shit I'm putting you through. I just wasn't ready to be a father. I'm still not but me treating you like this is wrong. You didn't do anything to me." He stated while licking his lips.

I wasn't sure if I should be believe him. Instead of just giving in, I have him a nod and kept cooking.

Every since that day, Derrick started to treat me better. Rain animosity became stronger towards me when Derrick stop treating me the way he use to.

Vicky said not to believe it and honestly I don't. I can't just forgive somebody who fucked me over for so long.

He cut my hours short too. I work from twelve to six now. Handy is still around as well. We became closer too.

<>

I was heading downstairs the same time as Rain was. She rolled her eyes at me and waited for me to go first.

Something told me not to go downstairs first but I still went. I walked slowly instead of fast.

She ran down the stairs past me and bumping my in the process. I end up tripping over my own foot and fell down the stairs.

I started to yelp out in pain.

"Handy!" I screamed the loudest I could. I started to cry when I felt inbetween my legs wet.

I closed my eyes slowly. I heard the front door open and I saw Sean and Derrick coming in. I felt arms pick me up and I forced myself to see who. It was Handy.

"WHAT HAPPENED!" I heard before everything went blank.

Sean

Derrick and I just finish sorting out this plan for Harold. Saturday night, Harold is having a grand opening for this bar he's opening.

We both know he got people looking for us to show up so the white boy, Xavier and Handy, going to go there and start shit up.

We pulled up to Derrick house. I wanted to see Sarah today since the last time I saw her was some weeks ago.

We walked in and Sarah was on the floor. Handy had her picked up and trying to get her to wake up. Sarah had something leaking from her.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Derrick yelled. He ran towards her and I did the same.

"What happened, Handy?" I asked him calmly.

"I came down here when I heard a fall. She yelled my name and then blacked out. She must've tripped." Handy said while Sarah was unconscious in his arm.

"We got to take her to the hospital, now!" I told them.

<>

Vicky, Rain, Handy, my daughter Heaven, Marvin, Derrick Mom, Bertha and even white boy was here at the hospital waiting on Derrick to come out with results.

The doctor said nobody could've gone back there but family. Vicky was about to go but Derrick begged her to let him go.

It's been about six hours since we were here and nobody heard anything.

My daughter, Heaven kept complaining about being hungry so I bought her a bag of chips from the vending machine.

Vicky was pacing back and forth on the floor.

Bertha and Marvin said a prayer for Sarah. Handy kept blaming himself for what happened, even after we all said it wasn't his fault.

I looked up just in time to see Derrick coming from the back. He stopped in front of us and cleared his throat.

Everybody looked at him and quickly got up except Rain. Of course, Vicky was the first to speak.

"What happened? What's going on? Tell me something!" She semi-yelled.

"Sarah still hasn't woke up yet. The doctors gave her some medicine to knock her out some more because the baby had to be born." He mentioned.

I could've sworn I heard Rajn say fuck. I let it slide. "The baby was born? Isn't she like six months?"

"Yes but they got her on some tubes. She's only one pound and one ounce." Derrick said.

"Oh my gosh." I heard Bertha say. "Jesus."

"Whats the baby name?" Marvin asked.

"She doesn't have name yet." Derrick rubbed the top of his nose and looked at everybody. "I got to go though. I'll be back when she wake up."

After he said that, he left.

Short Chapter, but that's two chapters in one day.

Vote and Comment!