Chapter 9

Derrick

When Sean told me Harold shot me, I knew exactly who he was talking about.

"That fucka' hit that lottery. I guess he building his drug business shit back up and shooting you is a warning and payback," Blake said seriously.

I shook my head and bawled up my fist.

"How you know him?" Sean said.

"Harold and my father was beefing every since I was a little nigga. About 2 years ago, my father owed Harold some money he stole. Harold gave my father 5 months to give him his money back," I stopped and looked up. I had their full attention.

"My father never had time to finish collecting the money because his new wife was pregnant. At the time, my mother and father had already separated. One night, Harold broke into the house and killed my father wife." I stopped talking because this story always got to me. Nobody never deserves to die, especially over money.

I licked my lips before talking again, "About two weeks later, Harold's wife and his daughter was walking home. My father took the opportunity to kill her as payback. He never killed the little girl. He told her to run home. He said he shot the gun to scare her. He never killed the mother either,"

"So what happened to Harold's wife?" Blake asked.

"My father said he took her home with him. He threatened her to never go home or he'll kill her whole blood line. So she basically faked her death,"

"So is she living?" Sean asked while taking a seat in a car.

"Nah," I said while shaking my head. "She died not to long ago when some Cubans invaded my father's home, killing her and taking his money that was stashed in the house. They only took a hundred grand." I looked over at Sean then at Blake.

"I'm going to need y'all niggas to get some information on Harold's little princess. When I get out here, I'm going to pay her a little visit," I said with a slight smirk.

-

Sarah

After a long day of work, I laid on my back and closed my eyes.

I don't know what Rain have against me. I had to keep my composure due to my job.

I opened my eyes and looked down at my stomach and saw a little bump.

I'm now 2 months today. Being pregnant at 18 was definitely not my plans. Going to College was my plans at 18 but I'm stuck in Georgia around greasy food and a little boy who don't want my child.

I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

<>

The next morning I woke up. It was not Saturday and I don't have to work.

I got up and went into Vicky's room. She was up and texting.

I guess she notices my presence and looked up.

"Goodmorning sleeping beauty," she said sarcastically with a grin.

"Goodmorning," I said while taking a seat on her bed.

"What you want to do today?" Vicky asked.

"Let's stay home and eat icecream,"

Vicky started laughing hard. She wiped false swear from her forehead and looked at me, "Girl bye. It's a Saturday,
We are going out tonight,"

"How I'm going somewhere 2 months pregnant?" I asked her.

"Drink tea and water," Vicky said with a blank face.