Chapter 4

Sarah

I felt bad that I left Rain at the party. She's probably worried sick about me. I got ready for bed and decide to sent Rain a text saying I'm okay. I got in the bed and closed my eyes, getting ready to see what the day brings me tomorrow.

-

The next morning I woke up the clock read 9:43 a.m. I got out bed and did my daily hygiene. After I was done, I got dressed into one of my white T-Shirts and Pajama pants. I walked into Rain's room to see she was wide awake.

"Goodmorning," She said with a slight attitude. I knew she was upset about me leaving her last night, hell I would too.

"Look, Rain, I'm sorry. It's just that Derrick-," She cut me off.

"Derrick? As in Derrick Langston?" She was acting like I was talking about Beyoncè or August Alsina.

"Yes, Derrick Langston. Anyways, he brought me here. Nothing major." I shrugged and looked at her.

"Good. Derrick is known. I hope that's the only time you guys talk because I don't want you messing with him," she utter.

I stared at her like she was crazy. Who was she to tell me who and who not to talk to? Last time I check, I was grown. I maybe less fortunate but she's not my mother.

I gave her a warm smile and walk back into my room. As soon as I walk in, my cellphone was ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Wassup, Sandy?" the deep voice said.

I stared at the phone and then put it back to my ear.

"Excuse me, you have the wrong number-,"

"This is Derrick," the voice said while cutting me off.

I sighed, "My name is Sarah. Goodmorning to you too,"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to breakfast with me?" I wasn't sure if I should go, but then I gave in.

"Sure,"

"Be ready in a hour, Sarah," with that, he hung up.

I sat my phone down and went through my bookbag of clothes. I don't have no cute clothes so I don't know why I said I'll go.

I decided to put on my dark jeans, a plain white shirt with those Grey Jordan's Rain got me. I put my hair into a high ponytail and went downstairs.

Derrick

I blew the horn to let Sarah know I was outside. She came out and got inside my Range Rover. She looked at me and smile.

"Wassup, shorty?" I said before pulling out of her driveway.

"Hi," she mumbled. After 10 minutes of driving, I pulled up at iHOP. We got out and walked inside.

We took a seat at a table and a brownskinned girl with a head full of curls came up to us. She was smiling non-stop since she saw me.

"Hello, my name is Karly and I'll be your witness for today. Can I start you all with refreshments?" She never took her eye off me.

"I would like an orange juice with ice and she would like..." I looked at Sarah

"The same," she looked up at the waitress and rolled her eyes. The waitress handed us menus and walked away, making sure she switched in the process.

"Females these days," Sarah said while shaking her head and looking at the menu.

I chuckled and looked at mine. Karly, the waitress, came back with our drinks and ask us if we were ready to order.

"I would like the pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon platter," Sarah said. Karly rolled her eyes before looking at me with a smile.