Chapter 7

Sarah

Being pregnant is the last thing I need to be.

Especially by Derrick Langston. We were now in Vicky's house.

"So, you thinking about any names?" She stated. "For a boy, it should be Vector and for a girl Valentine,"

I sighed and looked up at her, "I think I'm getting an abortion,"

"Bitch, shut up. You not getting no abortion. You are killing someone who didn't ask to be here. You choose to lay on your back, now you pay the price. You are a murderer if you kill that innocent baby," she yelled at me.

"I barely can take care of myself, what makes you think I can take care of a baby?" I stared at her, waiting on an answer.

"Hello mothafucka'," she said while snapping her fingers in my face, "I'm right here. There's no excuse," I was cut off by the loud television.

Hello, My name is Dorothy Phillips. I just got a report on a young man who gotchu shot in WalMart parking lot. Police said 21 year-old Derrick Langston was shot 1 time in the leg and another in the arm.

A picture of Derrick was on the screen before she continued.

A lady who saw Mr. Langston on the ground, called 911 immediately. The lady said it was a black Tahoe circling around the parking lot. Mr. Langston is currently being treated at University Hospital in Augusta, Georgia. If you know anything about this crime please call crime stoppers at 1-800-2CRIMES, that is 1-800-2CRIMES. Back to you Frank. The news reporter said.

I didn't even realize I had tears streaming down my face. I felt hands on my face wiping away the tears. I look up to see a shock Vicky.

"Come on, let's go," Vicky said. I shook my head and pulled away.

"Your baby father is in the hospital, LETS GO SARAH!" Vicky semi-yelled. She yanked me to her car and we headed to the hospital. Millions of thoughts ran through my head.

What if my baby never meet his father?

Is he dead?

Do he remember me?

I was knocked out my thoughts when the car came to a stop. I looked up and we was parked.

Damn she got here fast. I thought to myself.

We got out and went into the waiting room. I didn't know who was Derrick's people because I never met them.

"Where's his family?" Vicky whispered to me. I shrugged my shoulders and coughed.

"Never meet them," I looked at her. She nodded before walking into the middle of the waiting room floor.

"Family of Derrick?" She yelled while looking around.

I saw a man get up. He walked over to Vicky but before he got close she waved him off, "Nah, ion want y'all. Just making sure you here,"

She started walking towards me. The man clenched his jaw and went to sit down. I took the opportunity to look around at their family.

It was a little boy, 2 men that look Derrick age, a middle-aged women, 2 women next to her, a newborn baby and Rain?

I shook my head and look at her again. It was definitely Rain.

"Do you have an eye problem, bitch?" Rain spoke up. She got up and began walking towards me.

"Excuse me?" I questioned her.