Part 14

**Knock's POV**

 - Day 5 - (Two day's before the council shows up)

The room was in shadows and I had no energy to move, after Max and I got back to the house I could barely walk on my own and talking wasn't very helpful either. 

Even though the proof had been in front of my face I didn't want to believe that everything had been a lie for so many years of my life. 

There had to have been a small part of him that wanted to be my friend right?

The worst part is that I can't even ask him or yell at him or anything. 

He's gone...

In the blink of an eye his entire existence was wiped away from the planet and it's not like I can be mad at Tong for killing him because I know what happened when he was missing for three days but still. 

He was my best friend, lie or not...

There was a soft knock on the door which pulled me out of my thoughts as Max comes into the room with a kitchen tray and a smile. 

Max: "I thought you could eat before we got started on training for today."

Knock: Mumbling as I look away from him and bury my head into my pillow. "What time is it?"

Max: "...It's 11:15."

Knock: Too early... "Max what did we talk abuot last night?"

Max: He sounded hesitant before talking. "You told me not to bother you so you would have time to morn and be an idiot until noon..."

Knock: "Is it noon?"

Max: Now he was sighing as he sits next to me and waits until I rolled towards him so he could  place the tray in my lap. "No it's not but like I said, I thought you should eat so I brought you food. I never said anything about not being able to be sad around me, just eat while being sad and I'll be satisfied."

Knock: Is he treating me like a kid right now? Seriously? "You want me to eat while I'm sad? You know everything is going to taste bland as fuck. I love food..."

Max: "It's better than laying in this cold ass bad for the next 40 minutes while I help Yu make pancakes."

Knock: I knew my heart was sad but my stomach perked up at that word. "Your going to teach Yu how to make pancakes?"

Max: He just raises a brow at me. "Pancakes? That's what did it for you? Really?"

Knock: Barely a whisper as I look down at our legs. "What? I'm hungry now that you keep talking about food."

Max: "Cute..."

Okay so an hour less for grieving, I guess that's fine too. Just have to throw on a fake smile, try to keep Yu oblivious and act like my heart isn't totally crying right now. 

Got it...

Knock: Now that I pushed every negative feeling I had into the deep pits of my heart I just stare at the food as my stomach growls. "Can I eat this first before we help Yu make pancakes?"

Max: He nods once with a smile. "Sure but I would hurry he's been mixing that batter for a while now, if he continues for any longer he's going to turn it into water."

Knock: Speaking in between bites as I eat the egg sandwich he had made for me. "I'll eat quickly I promise."

Max: He was watching me eat silently before he started to laugh. "Maybe I should have brought you food sooner."

Knock: "Don't push your luck. I'm still upset but I'm not stupid, I know what he did and who he really is but that doesnt change the fact that I have 25 years worth of memories between him and I. It's hard to tarnish those with the truth you know?"