Part 22

**Knock's POV**

**Three months Later**

Over the last three months things have been heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. 

Once Max and I heard back from Gulf and knew that we were no longer targets to the council we were able to break down and allow ourselves to grieve. With Max he was having a hard time keeping it together because his family was all over the place.

Win left and allowed most people to think he is still dead. Zen left and disappeared without a word like he had promised. Molly became depressed after her husband handed her divorce papers and left. Than there's Evelyn who is trying to cope with coming back to a broken home. 

It didn't help that through all of this everyone had to act like they were better than they were, not perfect but better because of Tong. With his memory being altered he was actually the most cheerful out of all of us. 

I can see what that does to Max, he tries his best to hide it when anyone is around but I can see how he wishes he could forget too. Even if someone offered too he was still say no, I don't think he would ever be willing to forget his brother no matter how much his memories hurt him. 

Other than that we haven't really talked about a whole lot because I've been grieving on my own with other matters. only a few days ago I had gone to Drakes grave for the first time and cursed him out for all the pain he had caused my loved ones but than I broke down because even with all of that I couldn't help but remember him as the clingy doctor bestfriend instead of the psycho lying asshole. 

It's just easier that way...

Anyways after the first two months things were finally calming down, I was able to let most of my resentment and pain go and move on. I'm pretty sure I was the first to get better before Tong of course. 

There are days that I miss my sister Lulu and Drake but I've learned that if non of that would have happened than I never would have had the family I have now. I wouldn't have Yu and I wouldn't have Max again. 

Than there was Evelyn who slowly grew rather close to Max and followed him everywhere, whenever he would try to clear his head he would go outside or cook and she would follow him. I could sometimes see them sitting on a swing set outside talking with each other with the occasional laugh here and there. 

Now she smiles a lot more than she use to and she isn't afraid to hide her scars, when she first got here she always wore dresses that covered her entire back and refused to wear anything else until a few weeks ago where she wore her first backless dress and said she actually preferred these but was ashamed of us seeing her scars. 

Since she started living with us she realized that we would never judge her for anything that happened to her while she was stuck in that house. She has been traumatized for a very long time. 

After that she started wearing them all the time and I've never seen her smile so wide before. Her entire face lights up and sometimes it reminds me of Lulu...

A little while after she healed so did Max, I think he was still blaming himself for being distant toward her in the beginning but now I'm sure he would do anything for her if he had to. She truly has become apart of the family. 

She also has a really bad habit of baking when shes sad just like her mother and I think it's rubbing off on Yu because now he's baking all the time too but he's always laughing so I think he just bakes because he enjoys it. 

Who knows maybe he will become a chef one day. 

I think Max had the same thoughts too because he would always smile whenever he looked at Yu. I'm glad he loves the boy just as much as I do.