I like you

Hey everyone!
Please, enjoy <3

____________________________________

We all had 2 days off so I decided to spend that time at home and read a book Spence recommended. It was something about ancient history, I didn't mind. I knew he had good taste. I guess that's why we became best friends.

I set on my couch and open the first chapter as my phone buzzed. It was a message.

Emily Prentiss: Hey, have you made any plans for today?
Y/N: Nope, reading a book Reid gave me.
Emily Prentiss: Seems like we lost you to Reid, now we have to deal with 2 smart people...
Y/N: Ohh not true, I'm far away from his IQ. Did you wanna offer me something? Or you just wanted to talk about me being smart?
Emily Prentiss: Both.

I didn't know what to answer and she didn't write anything else. I continued reading but couldn't focus. I was thinking about yesterday, our little talk in a parking lot, and her smile. I knew she would never like me the way I wanted. And after last year I wouldn't either. I was afraid to become someone I was catching. And I didn't want to affect the people I care for.

*Knock, knock*

Who the hell could it be? Reid always calls before coming.

I opened the door. It was Emily.

"Okay, where did you get my address?"

She was just staring and kept silent.

"Emily," I waved a little in front of her face.

"Oh sorry, I'm sorry, Reid told me, I should've just called," she was nervous.

"Are you alright? You already here so come in," I step aside letting her in.

She sat on the couch and took the book.

"Interesting?"

"Didn't get a chance to read, someone texted me and I lost my focus," I glanced at her and went to the kitchen, "You want anything? Coffee maybe?"

"Yep, coffee would be perfect," she came behind me and I could smell her perfume.

"You know it's indecent to watch a person from behind," I turned around and my face was even closer to her than yesterday.

"Now I know," she was blushing. And I liked the fact that I was making famous Emily Prentiss nervous. Also, I thought I liked her.

I turned back and continued making coffee.

"Can I ask you a question?" She sat on a counter. I nodded.

"Why don't you let people in?" she asked, "I noticed your change of emotions when people see you."

I sighed. "I'm sorry, if you don't wanna tell, that's fine," she said getting off.

"I used to do it but then lots of happened. Awful things. And to be honest, Reid was the first person I let in after," now I was nervous, "so I decided I'd be better by myself. That way I won't get hurt."

She looked at me with her beautiful eyes. I was ready to answer her "I'm sorry" but she said nothing. Instead, she hugged me. And I felt how my body started to relax from the warmth of hers and the tear fell down my cheek.

"It's okay, I'm here," she said running her hand through my hair and holding me in a hug.

I calmed down and she let me out. We were sitting in silence drinking coffee. I asked if she wanted to watch a movie and she agreed. I chose "The devil wears Prada", which was my favorite.