A house is not a home

Reminder: Italics are thoughts!!!
TW: some case stuff, drugs

___________________

I opened the door. For the first time for God knows how long I came back to my apartment. I needed to find something good to wear tonight. I finally had a reason to dress up fancy even if it was only some drinks with the team.

My phone buzzed.

Em: Picking you up at 8. Be ready.

I looked at the time. I had an hour to find something.

Y/N: Ok. See you :)

I went to shower. How smart of me was to wash my head this morning or I would spend extra time which I didn't have.

I wrapped a towel around me and opened the closet.

"Well," I whispered.

Too fancy, too open, too close, damn it...

After almost all of my clothes were on my bed I finally found what I wanted to wear.

It was a long slim skirt that perfectly fitted my body, crop-top, and heels. Total black. I liked it. I added some accessories and when I was about to put on some makeup I heard knocking.

I looked at my phone. 8:02. Shit

"Hey," I said opening the door, "I'm almost ready, I swear!!!"

"Ok," Emily said coming in, "everyone's used to us being late anyway."

I ran to the bedroom and she followed me.

"Wow," she looked at my bed that now became like a closet.

"I didn't know what I wanted to wear," I mumbled putting red lipstick on.

"Well, you look fantastic even in your pajamas."

I felt her arms wrapping around my waist from behind and her head on my left shoulder.

"I look fantastic even without clothes," I said in a sarcastic voice and winked, "okay, I think I'm ready."

"Good, let's go then."

When we arrived at the bar and went inside I saw that no one was there yet.

"That's weird," I said holding Emily's hand.

"They can give us a medal for coming earlier than them," she giggled and we headed to our favorite table.

Soon everyone gathered and we started to drink.

"I still can't believe that you two came first," Morgan said.

"Me neither," I replied and drank a shot.

"So how are you doing, Y/N?" Rossi asked.

"Great," I saw doubt in his face, "I swear, Rossi."

"I believe you."

"Good to know," I replied obviously in a sarcastic tone.

It was really good to know that they believed me. And in me. While being home everyone from the team visited me. Garcia made a list of who and when should check on me. Every one of them never gave up on me. And I was sometimes so selfish towards them. It's incredible how healthy relationships work. I was still getting used to it. All my life I knew only toxic people. But now everything had changed. So I was getting better and improving myself for them.

"... so it literally can kill you," Reid stated.

While thinking I realized that I miss a big part of the conversation.