I'm drowning

Look at me posting 2 chapters in a row

TW: violence

_____________

We entered the conference room and I saw Reid looking at me. He probably noticed my swollen eyes.

"Later," I said without using my voice. He nodded.

"So what do we know for know?" asked Hotch.

"Crime scenes are random, don't think he planned who he was gonna murder," I stated.

"Are you okay?" Morgan looked at me with concern so as JJ and Rossi.

"I'm fine, now can we just get back to work, or do you wanna find another victim?"

Everyone shut up like this little conversation didn't even happen.

"The eyes of the first victim were cut out like he didn't know how to do it yet," Spence continued the discussion, "when the latest were carefully removed."

"He is learning," JJ concluded.

Suddenly Morgan's phone buzzed.

"Hey, baby girl, you're on speaker."

"Another victim, guys," she was sad.

"He was killing one in 4 days, it's been only 2, he is devolving," I said.

"We need to find him fast," Emily joined the conversation.

"Y/N, Emily, Reid, help Garcia to look into people who may have surgical or hunting skills but not a professional, Rossi, Morgan, go the crime scene" Hotch commanded, "JJ, I need you to make a press conference and tell everyone to not leave their houses if that's possible."

Everyone got their tasks and we started to work.

"I found a small stuffed animal business, I'm gonna check it," Emily said grabbing the car key, "Reid, wanna go?"

"Sure," he answered and followed her.

Emily: I wanted to ask Y/N, but I knew I should talk to Reid, her best friend. It hurt a little that I couldn't do anything. I saw how frustrated she was even though she tried so hard to hide it. And I was afraid that I did something wrong. I knew she told me I didn't but I needed to make sure.

I took a driver's seat and Reid sat in the passenger's.

"What happened to Y/N?" he asked as soon as I started the car, "she is like a ghost."

"I don't know, Reid," my voice faltered, "I think I did something wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"We slept yesterday and..." I couldn't form a sentence, "I don't know. She said it's not me but I can't stop thinking what if I made her remember all the bad things?"

"Emily, I know her for a really long time and she doesn't lie about those things. Yes, she can say that she's fine and that nothing happened, but if she lets you see her sad, she doesn't lie. She can not tell you the reason," he said, "she loves you, she cares about you, I saw her eyes when she is talking about you, she's never been happier I'd say. She wouldn't do something to lose you."

"Thank you."

"But something is definitely wrong, and that is bothering me," he concluded.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"I'll try to talk to her."

Back to Y/N:

As Emily and Spence left, I felt relieved. I didn't have to hide. But it didn't last long. Rossi and Morgan entered the room.

"No eyes, no prints, no witnesses," Derek stated.

"I hope Em and Spence will find something," I said.

When they came back it was already almost midnight.

"Nothing," Reid said, "but Garcia found one more place, we should go there too."

"We're gonna do it tomorrow, now, everyone, please get some rest, I want to see you here at 8 am," Hotch said and we all headed to the hotel.

When we entered Hotch went straight to the reception and told us who lives with whom.

"Rossi, you're with me, Morgan - Reid, JJ - Y/N, and Emily gets a single room."

Hotch gave everyone keys. I and JJ were the only ones living on the 5th floor. The rest of the team got the 3rd.

"You okay?" she asked as soon as she opened the door.

"Fine," I lied.

"Okay, but if you wanna talk, I'm here," she said softly.

JJ was a mom figure in our team. The one who always says the right things and makes you feel safe.

I went to shower, washed my hair, and brushed my teeth.

When I was about to sleep, my phone buzzed.

Spencie: How are you feeling?
Y/N: I don't know, Spence, but I'm gonna be fine.
Spencie: Okay, you know where to find me if you need me.
Y/N: Thank you, Spencie.

He never made me talk but was always nearby to catch me. That was something I really liked about him.

I didn't even put my phone back on the bedside table, as it buzzed again. This time it was a text from Emily.

Em: Hey, love. You're probably already sleeping and possibly don't wanna talk right now so I'm just gonna say everything in here. I know something's off and I know it really scares you. I saw it in your eyes. But remember I told you that I'll do everything to keep you safe? I never say things I don't mean. I'm really worried about you. I want to help and I don't know how to do it. I won't push you. Just please let me know if you're drowning, give me a sign and I'm gonna throw a lifebuoy. I won't let you reach the bottom. I love you, baby."

As I read it I got out of bed.

Emily: I send a message and was trying to fell asleep. I knew she wouldn't respond now but my mind didn't let me sleep. It was waiting for something to happen. And it did. Someone knocked on the door. It was Y/N.

"Hey," I said letting her in, "I thought you were sleeping."

"Well, I wasn't."

She came in, sat on the bed, and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm drowning, Em."
_______________

It was short but I wanted to finish it on this exact phrase. So don't be mad...