I'm fine

TW: self-harm

______________

I woke up from the sound of my alarm.

"Is it already morning?" Emily groaned covering her head with a blanket.

"Unfortunately," I laughed, "come on, we have to work." I got out of bed and took it from her. She groaned again.

"I wanna just stay here all day," she said, "can we do that?"

"Don't know about you, Em, but I really miss work," I sat next to her and leaned to kiss her forehead.

"You're crazy," she smiled.

"You can sleep while I shower, but then you'll have to go get ready too. How's that sound?"

"Perfect," and she went back to sleep.

I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and headed to the kitchen to make something for breakfast.

Emily's shelves were pretty empty but I found something to make waffles. So I put on my AirPods, turn on 'Wild ones' by Crystal Fighters, and started to mix ingredients dancing a little. I thought about last night. It was the first time I slept with someone who truly loved me. And there was something special about it.

When everything was almost ready I felt Emily's breath behind my left ear and her arms on my waist. I jumped a little cause she took me by surprise.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," she said and kissed my left cheek.

"Breakfast's almost ready," I smiled and leaned on the counter.

"It smells amazing! Did you sleep well?" she asked and put her hand on mine.

"I did," I raised my eyes on her and gave her a quick smile. Her facial expression changed. Maybe she noticed in my eyes that not everything's fine.

"You sure?" she was concerned, "Did I do something wrong?" She intertwined her hands. She was starting to freak out.

"Em, listen to me," I said putting mine on both of her shoulders, "You did nothing wrong. I'm okay, look at me," and I put my right hand on her jaw and tilted up her head. She looked me in the eyes and started to calm down, "I'm okay, and the truth to be told it was a great night. The night I thought I'd never had ever."

"Okay," she smiled, "okay. I'm happy to hear it because it was the best night I've had in my life," she gave a soft kiss and went to pour coffee, "but something's bothering you, isn't it?"

"No, everything's perfect," I lied. Something did bother me, that freaking unknown number.

I was pretty sure she caught my lie but didn't say anything else.

Emily: I knew she didn't tell me the truth but I also knew I couldn't push her to answer. That would only make her close off. As selfish as it may sound I was just glad I wasn't the reason.

Y/N put waffles on the table and we started to eat.

"Y/N," I said as we finished breakfast, "you know I'm here wherever you need me, right?"

She just nodded. Something was definitely off.

Knowing her past made me scared. What ghosts were haunting her?

Back to Y/N:

We were going to the car when my phone rang. I didn't wanna answer that number. So I dropped it again. Was it stupid? Maybe. But I wasn't ready to find out who was on the other side of the call. At least not this way.