Something bad is brewing

TW: depression, mentioning of self-harm and drugs
Thank you for 170 <3

_________________

Emily:

"I'm drowning, Em."

That was all she said. She lowered her eyes and looked at her hands clenching and unclenching her fists. She didn't cry. She didn't smile. She was empty. She was a ghost.

I've never seen her like that before. She always showed some kind of emotions: anger, sadness, happiness. But now it was like she wasn't here.

I squatted in front of her, took her hands, and felt how she unclenched her fists and relaxed.

"Look at me, baby," I said and she tilted up her head, "I don't know what is happening but I am here. And I will be here for as long as you let me. Do you hear me?"

She nodded.

"Do you feel like talking? Or we can sleep now and talk later when you're ready?"

"Second," she whispered.

"Okay," I sighed as I stood up and helped her get under the blanket. I turned off the lights and found a place next to her wrapping my arms around her and kissing her head.

Back to Y/N:

I woke up when Emily was in the shower. I took a look at my phone. 7:03 am. And put my head back on the pillow. I had to take a shower too and go get ready but I couldn't get out of bed. I heard how the water stopped running. She finished. And in 2 minutes the door opened.

"Hey, love," she said softly and sat next to my lying body. I didn't even look at her. She put her hand on my head and went through my hair.

"Do you want me to help you shower?" she asked. I nodded. I knew she'd understand how I felt. That I didn't have the strength to even stand up.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and carefully lifted me. She took off my clothes and turn on the warm water. I was staying there not feeling anything. Emily washed my body with a washcloth and wrapped me in a towel.

"Stay here, okay? I'll be right back," she said and left me in the bathroom.

I had no idea how long I was standing there. But it felt like hours.

Emily:

She was in such a bad shape. She hadn't said even a word. I went to grab some clothes from her room and as I entered Hotch was there.

"Morning," JJ said.

"Are you okay, Prentiss?" he asked. I realized that I didn't even look at them and went straight to the closet.

"Yes, I'm fine," I answered.

"Well, okay then. JJ, your heard me" he was about to leave.

"Hotch!" I said loudly.

"Yes?" he turned around and looked at me, "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, but I think it would be better if Y/N stays in the hotel today," I said and took her clothes, "and I think I should stay with her."

"Is she alright?"

"She will be, she's just feeling sick."

"Okay, stay, but if I need you, Prentiss, I won't take no as an answer."

"Thanks, Hotch," I sighed and ran to my room.

Back to Y/N:

Emily came back and brought me some clean clothes.