In this room

Hey everyone. TW: drug addiction
I have no idea why I associate this song with this chapter but it is what it is.

By the way, thank you so much for the 90 views!!!

______________________

Everyone already left on the jet. Emily and I took the car. For the first 4 hours, I'd been sleeping covered with some blanket Emily found in the trunk.

I promised to tell her everything that happened in the basement as soon as I feel better. So she didn't bring that up and I was thankful.
She did talk to Hotch about it. And he promised to investigate this further and said he'd do everything to find him.

"Hey," I felt her arm lightly shaking my shoulder, "I'm gonna grab some food, you wanna come with me? Or I can just bring something to you."

"Yeah, I'm gonna go," she helped me get out of the car and we headed to some roadside cafe.

I offered a salad, I knew I couldn't eat much now, and Emily chose a chicken with rice.

"If you want you can lie down in the back seats. It would be more comfortable," she said.

"I guess it would be, but I wanna sleep next to you," I smiled and looked at her with my sleepy eyes.

"Alright," she giggled, "we have a long road so just tell me if you need to take a break and sit outside of a car for a little bit, okay?"

I nodded. I felt a little dizzy but it wasn't so bad. I still had a headache from all the tears from the night though but that was something I could deal with. I really wanted to take some strong painkillers.

"Em, can you promise me something?" I asked.

"What is it, love?"

Emily:

"If I'm ever gonna be on the edge of relapse, will you save me?" Y/N asked and raised her beautiful eyes on me.

I didn't know what was going on in her head. If she was asking me things like that, something definitely made her think about it.

"I will, I promise," I said softly, "you just have to tell me, okay? And not hide from me. Can you promise me that?"

I didn't know how to save someone from that kind of addiction. But what did I know was that I couldn't let her fall until she understands how bad it is.

"I promise, Em," she looked back at her plate, then back at me, and gave me her pinky. We intertwined our pinkies as we both whispered 'promise' again.

Back to Y/N: We got back to the car and continued driving.

"Em, we should stop, it's going to rain," I said. She went off the road and it started to pour almost immediately.

"Did you just make it rain?" she laughed.

"Haven't you heard?" I smiled, "I'm a witch." And I put my index finger to my lips like I just told her the biggest secret in the world.

I connected my phone to the radio and turned on some music. It was 'This room' by Matt Cooper.

We were sitting and listening to the lyrics holding hands.

Baby, I've seen California
and the hills of Tennessee
Tasted wine from southern Georgia,
to the banks of Italy
I've chased countless dreams and fancy things'
till I found you
Now everything I need is in this room

I looked at her and sang it. She was smiling.

"I think I love you, Y/N," she whispered.

"Good, because I love you too, Em," and I kissed her as the song continued to play.

We were kissing till the end of it only stopping sometimes to breathe.

We came home after almost 2 days in the car. Emily helped me get to the bed.

"You should have some sleep," she said covering me with a blanket.

"Will you lay with me?"

She nodded and lied down next to me wrapping her left arm around my waist. And I fell asleep.

I woke up alone. I slowly got out of bed and walked to the kitchen.

"Morning, Love," Emily said smiling.

"I thought you left," I said with concern, "you made breakfast??" I made an astonished face, "Is it even safe to eat?"

"Very funny, I guess you're feeling better, already joking."

"Sorry," I smiled, "definitely better than when Morgan took me out."

I sat at the table, Emily put the pancakes down and we started to eat.

"Okay, Emily, if you ever tell me again you don't cook, I promise you I will kick your ass, cause this is so good."

"Thank you, love."

________________

I had to be home for a week and a half and rest. Emily stayed with me to help only leaving for work. There were no new cases so I didn't worry that I was missing something.

Soon dizziness left for good, I only had headaches from time to time.

"I think I'm gonna come with you tomorrow," I said, "I know I still have 3 days off but I feel better."

"Okay but if Hotch says anything, that's your problem," she laughed.

"Thanks for helping," I replied in a sarcastic tone. And Emily rolled her eyes.

I was happy. She made me happy. I realized that I haven't written in my journal for some time. And that made me smile.

__________________________

I'm sorry for a short chapter but hope you liked it anyway