8.

Morning came and Katana woke up alone in the bed. He checks the time and gets off the bed to take a bath. He's in deep thought about what's going to happen at the hospital.

After getting ready, he heads downstairs for breakfast.

'Good morning, everyone.' He greeted them sitting down...

The rest greeted him back. He starts eating his breakfast silently.

'You guys ready?' Kana asked after they are all done eating...

They all nodded...

'Then, let's go.' Marcus said

*******

They are now in the hospital's conference room with the head doctors of each department and of course, the director.

"I believe you all know what this meeting is about, right?" Kana said

The doctors nodded. The director and the doctor are both sweating hard.

"Let's make this short. You Mr. Willson is no longer the director of this hospital for tolerating Mr. Hedson's misconduct." Marcus said

"B-but I do not know-

*blag*

Kana slammed the table. "How dare you say that you do not know about it when you and he shared the money?" He said putting the folders on the table.

"Those are the evidence and complaints from your co-workers. The organization decided to rip off your position and you, you are lucky we are giving you chance to change for the better. So, you still can keep your license. But, one wrong move, it will be taken from you." Kana said.

"You two can leave since we don't need you here." Marcus said. The two can't do anything but obey.

"Now, let's start. From now on, Doc. Heather will be the new director." Kana said making the said doctor shocked.

The other doctors congratulated her. She deserves the position. She's very thankful the chance they gave to her.

"Next, there will be doctors on call. So that if there's an emergency, we can send help fast. It will be us. There will be still a community medical mission."

They told them all the changes and they will start arranging them tomorrow.

******

The following day, they all went to the hospital. Since the schedule is not yet done, they decided to help out in the hospital and just be on call.

Gradually, everything is going smoothly. The only thing that making Kana upset is the condition of Mina's grandpa. His condition is deteriorating as the days go by.

He's in the hospital's mini garden trying to calm himself as grandpa had a cardiac arrest earlier.

"Are you okay, now?" Marcus asked sitting beside him.

Kana didn't trust his voice and just shake his head, no.

"This is bound to happen." Marcus said.

"This will not reach to this if only that bastard do his job and didn't sell his dignity for money." he answered bitterly

"We can't change the past. The only thing we could do is-

"What? Let grandpa die?" Kana cuts him. Marcus sighed.

"This is one of the reasons why they say that we, doctors shouldn't be attached to our patients." Marcus said.