19.

After a few days, Dr. Trace has been paranoid because of the threat even though Kana isn't taking his revenge yet. He only hired someone to tail her.

At his office, he was reading a patient's chart when Jae came in.

"Hey, South," he greeted.

"You're so boring, North," Jae said.

Kana looked at him and Jae sighed, "When are you going to fire back? It's been days, and there are still articles about you,"

"When she finally loses her sanity," He simpered making Jae confused.

"Meaning?" Jae inquires.

"I got someone tailing her, and I'm telling you, that bitch is so paranoid. I didn't even do something yet and she's already like this," Kana said amused.

"Uh-huh... How do you plan your revenge?" Jae asked.

Kana put down the chart and clasp his hands, "By messing her brain. We all know that the brain controls everything... With it wrecked? Good luck with her career,"

"I don't get it," Jae said.

"Alright, listen. All I will do is a little jump scare just to snap her rationality. Enough for her to make mistakes. A little this and that. I'm sure whatever bad things are about to happen to her, she will blame me. And if she had enough, she will expose herself to the public, and when that happens, that will be the best time to let the whole world know about her dirty secrets. And that includes her medical malpractice that caused death to someone. And that my dear best friend, is my sweetest revenge," Kana said.

Jae was gaping at him. He can't believe that Kana is this serious about his revenge.

"Someone died because of her?" Jae asked.

Kana sighed, "Sadly, yes,"

"When? Does it happen at MMC?" Jae was so curious.

"That's the thing. She did it in some abandoned warehouse," Kana said.

"Spill everything. I know you dug deep," Jae said.

Kana took a folder inside his drawer and let Jae see for himself.

"This happened not that long ago and before she became the head of her department," Kana said as Jae read the report.

"Damn, Kana, this is not ordinary malpractice where doctors made mistakes. This... This was intentional!" Jae exclaimed.

"Yeah. That's the reason I wanted her to go down together with the person that backed her up. I know this is risky but with all this evidence, I know I can help give justice to the victim. As a doctor, it's unacceptable and unforgivable to let something like this in a bag. We took an oath to save lives not to take them away for some cash," Kana said full of disgust.

At first, he just planned a small revenge, but after what he learned, he cannot just let someone like her out there.

"Damn! She's a monster and so does the person behind her," Jae said. "Can you knock her down already?" he added.

Kana chuckled, "I'm just waiting for something and I will start my attack,"

"What is it?"

Before Kana can answer, his phone vibrated. Checking it, he smirked.

"I guess soon enough," he said and Jae understood the underlying meaning.

***

On the other hand, Dr. Trace is getting ready for her surgery when he received a message. It was a picture of an abandoned warehouse. She paled and her hands start trembling as she recognized it.

"W-Who..." She starts pacing.

She got startled when the door opened and a nurse came in informing her that the OR is ready. She composed herself though her insides are shaking.

In the OR, she made a wrong call, but, fortunately, she managed to fix it and still managed to pull the operation.

The other medical staff were talking about what happened. It irritates her. Not that long, they heard an announcement that Trace is being called at the Director's office.

-

"Sit down," the director said.

"Look, it was-

*thud*

A folder landed on the table in front of her. Her eyes grew wide and start gaping.

"I... I-

"What the hell is going on, Nera?!" the director asked with his clenched jaw.

"I don't know who sent these. Earlier, I received a picture of that warehouse," Trace said.

"Then it only means someone knew what happened there," The Director said.

"Stan, you need to do something about this. It may jeopardize my career here," she said.

"And you think mine isn't?! Who the fuck is behind this?!" he exclaimed.

Trace's eyes widened, "Castle," she mumbled.

Stan turned to her, "Castle? You mean, "the Castle"? Why would they do this?" he asked.

Trace starts fidgeting and Stan narrowed his eyes, "What did you do?" he asked lowly.

"Answer me! What the fuck did you do?!" he screamed.

Trace told him that she was the one who leaked and created the mess about Kana's relationship with Marcus.

"Fuck! Because of your jealous ass, you're going to drag me down with you?!" Stan is fuming.

"I, I didn't know that they will find out about this," She replied.

"Because you're not using your fucking brain! For fuck sake, we're talking about Castle here! They might be the most, kind, reasonable people I've met, but that doesn't mean they don't know how to fight back when someone tried to hurt them!" he said.

"It's not my fault! He insulted me!" Trace yelled back.

"Are you hearing yourself? It was you who attacked him and because of that, I am about to lose not only my position but my face if this escalates because of your stupidity!" Stan said.

Trace couldn't say anything and just thought of ways how she can get revenge on Kana.

"Listen, we're not sure if this was truly their doing. For now, lay low and stay the fuck away from Dr. Castle. For once Nera, use your brain," Stan said and dismissed her.

Arriving at her office, Trace screamed in frustration.

"How dare he put all the blame on me? If he did his job well, no one will know about it," she uttered.

"Katana Castle, I know this was your doing. Do you think you won? You got that wrong. I will drag you down with me,"

 I will drag you down with me,"

Dream on, bitch! Hehe