17.

The day of the convention arrived. Kana is fixing his suit while pouting. Marcus chuckled at his cuteness. Hearing it, Kana glared at him.

Marcus walked to him and help him. "Stop pouting, love,"

"I don't want to go," Kana whined.

"But you have to. Besides, don't you want to be with me?" Marcus asked.

"Of course, I do. I just don't want to-

"To be the center of attraction?" Marcus completed his sentence.

Nodding cutely, "Mn. I also don't want to speak in front of them. Besides, they already know what we're gonna discuss there,"

"True, but let's think about it this way, there are medical students there. Do it for them to learn from the best neurosurgeon," Marcus said boosting his lover.

"You're already there then why bother having another surgeon?" Kana retorted back.

Marcus chuckled and pinched his lover's cheek. "We're going to discuss different topics, my love," he reminded.

"Ugh!" Kana accepted his defeat.

Marcus pecked his lips and hugs him, "Also, there is this doctor that keeps on hitting on me,"

Kana pulled away looking at him in shock. "Who? The nerve of that woman! I will go with you and put whoever that b*** is in her place!"

Kana walks out of the room, "What are you waiting for? Come on!" he exclaimed.

Marcus shook his head, 'hmm, why so cute?' he thought as he follow his lover.

***

Arriving at the venue, the two headed to their table. Their colleagues are already there. They greeted each other and seeing Kana's face, his colleagues chuckled.

"Not a word, Halestorm," Kana said making Dr. Hale laugh.

"I'm not saying anything," Dr. Hale said.

"Yeah? But your face is telling otherwise," Kana answered.

Dr. Lake chuckled listening to them. But...

"You too, Lake Placid," Kana said making the doctor gape at him and Dr. Hale burst out laughing.

"What did I do?" Dr. Lake asked bewildered.

The three doctors continue bickering. Marcus is watching fondly. The other tables are looking their way. They are amused to see the great young doctor for the first time.

"Love, look at them, they are teaming up against me," Kana whined to his lover.

"It's because you are cute," Marcus replied.

Kana huffed, "I'll get back to you two later. Especially you, Halestorm," he warned looking cute.

"Yeah, right, North Pole," Dr. Hale chuckled.

Marcus holds his lover's hand under the table. He's amused with his man's nicknames to his colleagues.

"Calm down," he whispered.

Before Kana could answer, the MC speaks calling everyone's attention. All representatives were introduced. The first two doctors that gave the lecture were from Marcus' team followed by Dr. Hale and Dr. Lake. Marcus and Kana will speak last.

It's Marcus' turn, the MC introduced him, and a round of applause echoed throughout the hall.

He stands up cooly and buttons his suit. He looked at his lover and they both smiled.