21.

Days passed and the couple was with Jae and Jian. They asked them to help with planning.

"So, we need to gather concrete evidence before we file for reopening the case. How are we gonna do that?" Jae asked.

"By provoking and cornering them until they explode and reveal their sins with their mouths," Kana answered.

"Hmm, then what is your next plan? What will you send to her this time?" Jian asked.

"She's starting to break down with just the picture of the warehouse. I wonder what will happen if she gets a photo of the victim?" Kana asked scratching his chin while smirking.

He then checked his watch, confusing them.

"Expecting something, love?" Marcus asked.

"Nah~ I'm just wondering whether she got the message," he replied.

"What message?" Jian asked.

"Just a little encouragement before her surgery," Kana shrugged.

"You knew her schedule?" Jae asked.

Kana just grinned.

"What did you send her?" Marcus asked him.

"A photo-

"You sent a photo of Nico's dead body? Where did you even get it?" Jae exclaimed interrupting him.

Kana rolled his eyes, "No, I didn't send Nico's deceased body. Just a picture of him when he was still alive. Though I put a note," Kana said.

"That says?" Jae asked curiously.

"You took away my smile and now I will take away yours," Kana answered.

"So, you made it look like Nico's the one who sent it," Marcus stated.

"Yes. I know she will think it's not him but still..." Kana's face darkened.

Jae and Jian chuckled, "I wonder what's going on with her now," Jian said.

Meanwhile, at the MMC, Dr. Trace is shaking.

"No... No, this can't be. It's not him. He's dead," she chants.

"Who's dead?" a doctor asked.

Nera was startled. "No-Nothing," she said.

The doctor wasn't convinced but he let it go. "Get ready. The operation is in 10 minutes,"

She nodded and the other doctor left. She composed herself trying to get her nerves stable.

After three hours of operation, Trace and the other doctor she operated with were in the doctor's lounge.

"What the hell was that?" the doctor exclaimed.

Trace didn't answer and the other doctors there were confused.

"Why? What happened?" one of the doctors asked.

The doctor pointed at Nera, "She almost killed the patient!"

The doctors turned to her with wide eyes.

"Will you stop exaggerating, Dr. Peters? It's just a small mishap," she reasoned.

"Small mishap? You know very well we cannot afford even the slightest small mistake in our line of work," one of the doctors answered.

"The patient lives and that's what matters," Nera said.

"Fortunately, but what if the patient died? Will you still act like this? It's not only you who will take the blow if that happens," Dr. Peters said.